It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Probe Captures 1st Video of Moon's Far Side

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NOrrTH

Color may have a bit to do with it but I think the real reason is that there are objects in the Rio picture which we can easily recognize. We know they are cars and buses because of the context but there isn't really thing about them that tells us that. If you can find a similar resolution image of a desert I'm not sure it would appear so "sharp".

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I wouldn't expect miracles from the cameras they are using on GRAIL. They are quite small and the
lenses aren't very big. I know there are some pretty amazing devices out there, but these just don't
look like they will show us anything new.

moonkam.ucsd.edu...
edit on 4-2-2012 by GaryN because: change image link

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to posts by NOrrTH and Phage

Thank you for your back-and-forth on the resolution issue. I've seen it argued elsewhere, but until now I haven't seen anyone try to get to the bottom of why images of the similar resolution create such wildly different impressions. Good job, both of you!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The best images I have seen so far taken by a black ops satellite are the call-signs of a few Russian planes and that was in the early nineties. We are now 20 years further in time, so maybe meanwhile they now can read a newspaper headline from space. I would not immediately say that they cannot.
edit on 14-2-2012 by 1967sander because: jhh

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

Yeah a smooth surface in the New Mexico desert.
2nd

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join