It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: NDAA now being enforced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

VIDEO: NDAA now being enforced

www.youtube.com

The National Defense Authorization Act took affect less than a month ago and already the US government is making use of the controversial law. Musa'b al-Madhwani is the first Guantanamo Bay prison to feel the effects of the new law that President Obama at one point vowed to veto. The NDAA allows for the indefinite detention and torture of American citizens at home and abroad without a trial and also gives more power to the military and government. David Swanson, campaigner for Roots Action, joins us for more.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Musa'b al-Madhwani has been a GITMO prisoner for 10 years, during which he was tortured into confessing he was involved in terrorism, according to his laywer. He's been fighting to get a trial but the Supreme Court just ruled that according to the new law (NDAA), he is not entitled to a trial.

Who knows how long he will be forced to remain at Guantanamo. This is an outrage, like a nightmare on steroids. Our Constitution is as good as buried while this is allowed to take place.

Habeas Corpus is foundational to the survival of our Republic, central in its very DEFINITION. I have to be honest, I didn't think it would be enforced this soon.

I thought the COURTS determined guilt? Is really what we have become? How is it that America is so silent on this matter but SOPA/PIPPA is plastered all over my Facebook page? Don't they care that one of their most precious civil liberties has been stripped from them?

Sorry for the crappy erratic commentary, I tried. But I'm beside myself. I don't know what to say. I weep for my country. And I pray for this prisoner who has no hope of fair representation or ever leaving his cell.

This. Is. SICK.

When are we going to say enough is ENOUGH?!

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-2-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

ETA: I'm not very knowledgeable regarding jurisprudence ... does this ruling mean that NDAA has been declared constitutional, in so many words?
edit on 1-2-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
To me, the NDAA is the most serious and important issue facing our country right now.... and it should be all over the news and social media and blogs. People should be so afraid and outraged that the NDAA is all we talk and think about.

But that's not the case. I have tried to stir the pot by posting about it here on ATS and also on Face Book---and nobody seems very interested.

This bill was signed into law on New Year's Eve while Americans were either partying or drinking. There were concerned citizens, bloggers and reporters who tried to get the word out. It's basically been ignored by everyone.

America yawns. Too busy watching the Kardashians and American Idol to care.

The NDAA is the beginning of the end of liberty.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
NDAA will be put to the test on US Soil with Occupiers of the OWS movement serving as guinea pigs. All just in time for the G8 and NATO summit in Chicago this coming May. The event will be historic in many ways.

Check out the following report on Domestic Terrorism Hot Spots brought to you by The National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism—better known as START.(A center of excellence of the US Dept. of HOmeland Security) it encompases 1970 - 2008. Quite interesting and you can bet that they are studying OWS with a microscope. Every Move a picture.

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
While efforts are increasingly aimed at understanding and identifying “hot spots” of ordinary crime, little is known about the geographic concentration of terrorist attacks. What areas are most prone to terrorism? Does the geographic concentration of attacks change over time? Do specific ideologies motivate and concentrate terrorist attacks? Moreover, what factors increase the risk that an attack will occur in a particular area? Using recently released data from the Global Terrorism Database, we address these gaps in our knowledge by examining county-level trends in terrorist attacks in the United States from 1970 through 2008. This research was motivated by issues related to three research areas:

start.umd.edu...

A little bit about START

The National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) is a U.S. Department of Homeland Security Center of Excellence, tasked by the Department of Homeland Security’s Science and Technology Directorate with using state-of-the-art theories, methods, and data from the social and behavioral sciences to improve understanding of the origins, dynamics, and social and psychological impacts of terrorism. START, based at the University of Maryland, College Park, aims to provide timely guidance on how to disrupt terrorist networks, reduce the incidence of terrorism, and enhance the resilience of U.S. society in the face of the terrorist threat.

www.start.umd.edu...

Watch out all of you peaceful occupiers... (sarcasm)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

President Obama signed on Saturday the defense authorization bill, formally ending weeks of heated debate in Congress and intense lobbying by the administration to strip controversial provisions requiring the transfer of some terror suspects to military custody.
“I have signed this bill despite having serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation, and prosecution of suspected terrorists,” Obama said in a statement accompanying his signature.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
www.prisonplanet.com...

President Obama signed on Saturday the defense authorization bill, formally ending weeks of heated debate in Congress and intense lobbying by the administration to strip controversial provisions requiring the transfer of some terror suspects to military custody.
“I have signed this bill despite having serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation, and prosecution of suspected terrorists,” Obama said in a statement accompanying his signature.

if he truly felt that way, he wouldn't have signed it.

top topics

join