It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt's Security Attacks Ron Paul Supporter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

Just saw this and had to share it. I laugh at the part that states "they have no class, no class" speaking of the Ron Paul supporter who only stood his ground after Newt and his crew came to where he was standing. Get this around!!! This goes to show how much tension there is inside the political race currently. If this is in the wrong forum move it please.

news.yahoo.com...

"Everyone step on his toes" Does not seem very professional to me.

PLEASE FLAG AND STAR SO EVERYONE CAN SEE THIS!

This sadly does not surprise me. I hope that Ron Paul is able to gather enough money and support to continue his campaign until the end. If you support Ron Paul he needs your help NOW. Most cannot donate due to the bad economy but if your reading this that means you have access to the internet and you can spread the Ron Paul message around to anyone and everyone that will actually go out and vote when the time comes.

Ron Paul 2012
edit on 31-1-2012 by ThinkB4uSpeak because: added more

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkB4uSpeak

I'm a Ron Paul supporter, and I saw Newt a couple of times at the Florida Straw Poll, and he didn't have any security, and he was plenty nice enough. I passed him on an escalator, and I walked right up to him in a hallway. I can say the same for Gary Johnson, Mitt Romney, and his wife, and his son, and Michelle Bachmann went well out of her way to come and shake my hand.

You know who was surrounded by handlers and almost impossible to get in a word with? RON PAUL!!

Ron Paul was rushed, frazzled, and being dragged around by his handlers, and I barely got a handshake from the guy, and no eye contact with that.

I'm still a supporter, because I agree with his policies, but if I were voting on just pure likability, my vote would go 4 other places before it got to Ron Paul.

In other words, I think this story is bunk, or exaggeration, or the idiot deserved it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Newt is evil. He wants us to just let terror attacks happen. Old coot.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I'm a Ron Paul supporter, and I saw Newt a couple of times at the Florida Straw Poll, and he didn't have any security, and he was plenty nice enough. I passed him on an escalator, and I walked right up to him in a hallway. I can say the same for Gary Johnson, Mitt Romney, and his wife, and his son, and Michelle Bachmann went well out of her way to come and shake my hand.

You know who was surrounded by handlers and almost impossible to get in a word with? RON PAUL!!

Ron Paul was rushed, frazzled, and being dragged around by his handlers, and I barely got a handshake from the guy, and no eye contact with that.

I'm still a supporter, because I agree with his policies, but if I were voting on just pure likability, my vote would go 4 other places before it got to Ron Paul.

In other words, I think this story is bunk, or exaggeration, or the idiot deserved it.

Understood, But you have to put into consideration they are all trying to get elected right now... So they have to act nice and perfect to everyone. They know that and so do I. I do not truly believe that this is something Newt wanted of course because it could only negatively affect him. However those are the people he has working for him. The vote should never be about likability because then Paul has no chance. It should be about what is going to be done once the person is in the oval office and that is why I support Ron Paul. He does not say what people want to hear, he says what he believes. That is rare in a politician.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Very interesting. Who knows what exactly happened, but if this is true I would expect Dillard to press charges.......if he can prove it.

This kind of publicity is not good for a candidate, but I doubt it would have an effect on Gingrich.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
Newt is evil. He wants us to just let terror attacks happen. Old coot.

So does Ron Paul.

Actually, Ron Paul doesn't think there is any real threat of terror attacks, and I agree with him.
Newt on the other hand, wants some to happen to remind us of the boogeyman threat and help the government retain more and more control.

So, you're right, Newt is evil.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Rand Paul event where a liberal plant tried to shove something at Paul turns out she was a paid activist.

So let's see Newt rolls in and here comes a dude holding a big Ron Paul Sign.

Sorry but there are way too many "over enthusiatic" Ron Paul supporters to put it nicely,

I am calling BS anything to trash the other candidates to make Paul look better.

For crying out loud American Politics are pathetic to say the least.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Ron Paul actually needs security though- protection from those already where he aims for himself and his own advisers to be.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What is this Kindergarden? Also why would he show up on a newt rally?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

It turns out the story is not bunk. Apparently there were reporters on the scene from Yahoo news and they ran a report. The Paul Camp is calling for Newt to apologize and fire the staffers responsible.

Link to Paul camp reaction

There is a link to the yahoo news story from those who covering the event, in the link I provided to the Paul Camp reaction.
edit on 31-1-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I bet the Press-titutes aka MSM don't cover this story!! Pure example of what a scumbag, low-life Gingrich is!! I bet any amount of money before Fig-Newton got his fat butt off the bus he said "Harrass that Paul support and teach him and all Paul supporters a lesson"...like a typical ant-freedom scumbag.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Wow.

Doesn't seem to matter though. Looks like about 80% of Floridians decided to cast their votes for either Romney or Newt. Looks like its about time to give up on politics and concentrate on prepping. This house of cards is coming down eventually, and apparently it will be sooner rather than later, because people feel the need to vote for whoever the rest of the flock is voting for, as reported to them by their magical, colorful boxes. Even my wife was watching the news a little while ago puzzled and disheartened. Why do people feel the need to vote for whoever they think will be the winner instead of voting for who they think is the best candidate?

I'm going to look for some voter turnout numbers a little later. I am very curious to see if primary turnout was higher or lower than in 2008.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm pretty glad to hear that Ron Paul is surrounded by handlers.
I worry about him so much.

I hate that for the Ron Paul supporter. No doubt he was just there early, and was just holding his ground. Kudos.
I know that Ron Paul supporters are somewhat crazy like that - I've seen them en force already in my area in NWGA in the freezing rain - about 20-30 of them at a very busy intersection in the pouring rain, waving those signs like crazy - and it is no where NEAR campaigning time here yet. lol

The energy is amazing and inspiring.
I am glad though, when I hear he is surrounded because I want him protected.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Wow.

Doesn't seem to matter though. Looks like about 80% of Floridians decided to cast their votes for either Romney or Newt. Looks like its about time to give up on politics and concentrate on prepping. This house of cards is coming down eventually, and apparently it will be sooner rather than later, because people feel the need to vote for whoever the rest of the flock is voting for, as reported to them by their magical, colorful boxes. Even my wife was watching the news a little while ago puzzled and disheartened. Why do people feel the need to vote for whoever they think will be the winner instead of voting for who they think is the best candidate?

I'm going to look for some voter turnout numbers a little later. I am very curious to see if primary turnout was higher or lower than in 2008.

I would be really interested in seeing turnout numbers. If you can find some please post them. I am at work right now and I have not been making an attempt to follow the primary. Paul did not expect to win Florida, but I would expect his polling numbers will be higher than they were in 2008, so I would like to match that up with the turnout.

People feel the need to vote for who they think is going to "win" because that really is what politics has become. People view it as a sporting event and this lie is promoted by the Establishment as well. That is why I laugh when Newt or Romney talk about "who can beat Obama". I have said it in many threads, the question people should be asking is not who can beat Obama but who is best for this country?

I know I try to point it out every chance I get, elections are not sporting events. Your should not be in it to pick a winner. You should be in it for principle and you should vote for the candidate that best reflects those principles.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Paul was at about 3-4% in 2008, he is at 7-8% this year. Santorum is running about 12%, Newt at 30%, and Romney pushing 50%!!!

ETA:
Actually, latest numbers, with 73% reporting are...

Mitt Romney 685,252 46.9%
Newt Gingrich 462,150 31.6%
Rick Santorum 193,286 13.2%
Ron Paul 101,256 6.9%
Other 19,703 1.3%

Here are the 2008 results with the total number of voters being...1,949,498.
edit on 31-1-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Maybe this will cheer you up some...

For everything I see or hear that makes me shake my head and worry about our future, I always see something else that makes me shout, "Finally someone else is gets it!"

So here is something that might brighten your day, and your wife's. Enjoy. This guy gets it.The Louisville Cardinal: Ron Paul is America's best choice for Presidency

I have been saying it for a while now. Florida is not as important this election cycle as they have been in years past. This process will continue on all the way to the convention. Super Tuesday will tell the real story. These other Primaries we are seeing now will not be reflective of the rest of the Country. Paul turn outs in Colorado right now are well over 1000 people. He took second in Nevada in 2008, I would not be shocked to see him win Nevada this time.
edit on 31-1-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Hey!

According to This, my county had 10% in support of Paul! Perhaps all my stumping has done some good!

Only 4 counties in the State hit 10%.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

ETA: Actually, latest numbers, with 73% reporting are...
Mitt Romney 685,252 46.9%
Newt Gingrich 462,150 31.6%
Rick Santorum 193,286 13.2%
Ron Paul 101,256 6.9%
Other 19,703 1.3%

That looks about right!

new topics

top topics

join