It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Oakland protestors attack city hall? Did you see some of the live broadcast?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Really? Really? Did you take a look at the protesters on the street? They didn't look like they could tear a newspaper into shreds.

Anyone who broke into city hall must have been an agent of the govt. somehow. Those street protesters looked like a strong wind could have blown them over.

Just saying. -------------------------------------------

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
TV broadcast - no I didn't see it.
Do you have a link with the
story or a video would be good.
edit on 30-1-2012 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i believe some may have, only because when they were going to burn the flag their were a few trying to stop them, the ones who were causing the damage may have just been mad over the way the police reacted and wanted revenge?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is the 2nd rant on the subject lol.. It seems that every time a thread gets popular on this site there are always duplicates shortly after. For instance someone writes a well written thread of why they support Obama and what do you see? Days later multiple threads showing Obama lovin.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
This is the 2nd rant on the subject lol.. It seems that every time a thread gets popular on this site there are always duplicates shortly after. For instance someone writes a well written thread of why they support Obama and what do you see? Days later multiple threads showing Obama lovin.

I don't want to disrespect the street protesters. But for Hell's Bells, some police guy points a shotgun at you with who knows what in it and you just slither away?

Well, anyway take care. -----------------------------------------

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wonhunlo

Yes they destroyed a children's art exhibit. Those evil nasty kids being in on it with Wall Street and all.

I've also seen their non-violent protest where they non-violently threw rocks, bottles and other dangerous projectiles at the Police to goad them so they could make new video's for YouTube.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
(sigh) ... Occupy will never grow beyond a rag tag band of society's cast off's struggling for attention if the movement cannot or will now admit there are anarchists and other extreme elements among them. No one is saying Occupy is controlled by them, but they exist, and Oakland City Hall sure got a visit by some of them.

Enough with everything always being 'Government Agents'. That's very tired and old when things we're watching are WELL within the track record for those in Oakland and Occupy in general. Trouble and outright street fighting by BOTH SIDES is getting to be the common event out there....at least for the time being. Let's not keep pretending every single Occupy member is a law abiding, well intentioned protester. MANY of them are...and the core of Occupy sure is..but MANY of them are a far cry from it too.

Occupy needs to flush the bad elements or the public will flush their support..it's only a matter of which happens first.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not an anarchist or w/e and I'm not trying to push an agenda. Just filling people in on something. Everyone says they want to be free in this country? Well the closest thing to freedom is anarchy, so people may need to reconsider their ideas if they don't agree with it

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Lol just slither away? You sound like a RL friend of mine
. He calls anyone that is being traitorous a sneaky snake and that he can see there slither trails from a mile away. You will always have some bad apples :/ in the police field and in the protestor field.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Yes they destroyed a children's art exhibit. Those evil nasty kids being in on it with Wall Street and all.

I've also seen their non-violent protest where they non-violently threw rocks, bottles and other dangerous projectiles at the Police to goad them so they could make new video's for YouTube.

Hello? Hello? Anybody home? I've been in real protests before and well, it was different. If one of those protesters would have been my son or daughter I would have been ashamed.

-------------------------------

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not an anarchist or w/e and I'm not trying to push an agenda. Just filling people in on something. Everyone says they want to be free in this country? Well the closest thing to freedom is anarchy, so people may need to reconsider their ideas if they don't agree with it

I'm not sure why this was a reply to me..as I wasn't calling you or any specific people an Anarchist. I lived in an Occupy camp and I'm still active and involved with helping Occupy in some ways here in the Midwest. I'm not someone forming my opinions from the evening news. I haven't been to Oakland...but I have sure heard the extremist elements out there babbling on with things that would fit in dandy with the Soviet Union, not the United States. Those are not the Occupy people I've lived with and work with now. Those are the words and attitudes of the Black Flaggers all over the world though.

I hope Occupy doesn't lose control to that element. It will have many currently in the movement or, as I am, periphery to it, turning so hard against, we're openly fighting it. I really hope to never see it go that far.....but things like looting City Hall to burn a U.S. Flag out front like it's a public spectacle to be proud of is the way to infuriate the *REAL* 99% in the nation......not maintain or earn their support.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonhunlo

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Hello? Hello? Anybody home? I've been in real protests before and well, it was different. If one of those protesters would have been my son or daughter I would have been ashamed.

-------------------------------

I'm not sure of your point here? I was involved in the protests of the Vietnam War and we saw the same things happen when the group Bill Ayers came from took it over. When the violent thugs took over the real protestors went home. Same thing has happened here. It seems to me you are agreeing with that. So why the rude comment?

new topics

top topics

join