It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN reports: Iran will have nuclear weapon in a year; Panetta says "US will not allow this to happe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I watch the news quite a bit. I heard a story on Wolf Blitzer' s show today about this topic. It started out as "Shocking news today out of Iran..."I tried to find the story on their website but strangely it is not there. Has anyone else heard anything? It seems like it should be big news, especially if they are looking to justify actions against Iran. Did this info come out of the IAEA inspectors?
edit on 30-1-2012 by DivineFem because: forgot the n in happen lol

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineFem

Iran vows to give nuclear answers. From AP.

Iran's foreign minister has expressed optimism that a visit by UN inspectors to the country's nuclear facilities would produce an understanding, despite world concerns that Iran is trying to build nuclear weapons.

The three-day inspection tour by the International Atomic Energy Agency team that started on Sunday comes during spiking tension. The West is imposing new sanctions to try to force Iran to slow or halt its nuclear programme, and Iran is threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz, a vital oil passage, in retaliation.

I haven't heard anything yet about the latest visit. Just more fear/war mongering from CNN. Does the POTUS really need a boogeyman to get re-elected? Why not just keep campaign promises?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The military contractors are gearing for another war to replace Iraq? Will this turn out like the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction? I am highly skeptical of any such claims after the whole Iraq deal. Perhaps they can show us some fuzzy satellite photos and charts again.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
The military contractors are gearing for another war to replace Iraq? Will this turn out like the Iraqi weapons of mass destruction? I am highly skeptical of any such claims after the whole Iraq deal. Perhaps they can show us some fuzzy satellite photos and charts again.

The tubes man! Don't forget the tubes!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

www.israelnationalnews.com...

www.haaretz.com...

Every Jewish Media Source is picking up on the story....

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Pancetta or panetta whatever his name is needs to go on a diet and stop bullying people because he is bending over to Israel; just earlier this week he had a meeting with Israeli leaders. This just shows that panetta is on the leash and we Americans are just pets to Israel

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The 1 year timeline is to delay any Military Strikes till after the Election.

Whoever is in office when this 2 to 3 year time frame runs out will have to decide, and Own this Engagement.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Israel can have nukes so why cant iran? Usa needs to stop being a big bully.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

The 1 year timeline is to delay any Military Strikes till after the Election.

Whoever is in office when this 2 to 3 year time frame runs out will have to decide, and Own this Engagement.

Might be sooner....

A hurried decision not to de-commission the USS Ponce helicopter marine carrier after duty in Libya - but to refit it for deployment by May in the Persian Gulf as a floating base for commando teams - was confirmed by the US Pentagon and Navy Sunday, Dec. 29. This transportable floating base will expand the commandos' range in coastal areas and support counter-measure against mines which Iran has threatened to plant in the Strait of Hormuz in reprisal for the US-EU oil embargo.

www.debka.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Why not just keep campaign promises?

hahhahhhahahhaha!!

oh, you're serious?!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

americans will believe whatever they hear on the news. it will be a few years before iran can make decent nuclear weapons, and even then, north korea is even crazier than they are, and north korea hasn't nuked anyone yet. it would be bad for business if iran nuked a country. tons of nations would feel threatened and leave iran in a pile of rubble.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It's all lies to get us afraid.

Iran is the next common enemy.

That report was an exaggeration. Ask Dr.Paul..

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

My advice to you is; Stop watching the news so much! CNN and Fox and MSNBC and all of the MSM is crap.

Check out the thread about Lobbyists from the middle east pushing agendas to our MSM. It's very telling.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
No one but the Persians knows exactly how close; I have to believe Western intel has some idea (probly thru computer hacking). Achmajinidad (sp?) has been rattling the saber over Israel & the west for quite a while. sorry I don't have the link but he, and some of his people, apparently think it is their right and duty to bring about havoc to pave the way for the Mahdi. regardless of whether we believe such things, what matters is that THEY believe it, and are acting on it.
Israel, like Panetta, has said a nuclear Iran is a nogo (again, sorry no link).
I have to believe some event is coming down soon.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So let Israel go deal with it then Leon.

Are there any actual American politicians left apart from Ron Paul ??

All these Faux Americans...really Israeli's, it's the same in the UK.

Loads of pro Israeli Faux Brits.

I just wish they would all sod off to Israel.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz

My advice to you is; Stop watching the news so much! CNN and Fox and MSNBC and all of the MSM is crap.

Check out the thread about Lobbyists from the middle east pushing agendas to our MSM. It's very telling.

I have to disagree about not watching the news. How else are we to find out what lies are being pushed? What can I say? I love info to research and discuss. Isn't that what this website is all about?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I am so sick of this crap being peddled as facts or news or whatever you want to call it.
The fear meter is off of the scale for the media factor.
The fact meter is not even hitting 2 % just like Iraq, just like Afghanistan, just like Syria, just like Vietnam, just like Libya, just like the any other bull crap we are being fed nowadays.

Regards,Iwinder

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
...Back and forth the pendulum swings..

About 2 months ago Panetta said the same thing, to contradict himself a month later saying "Iran has not yet created a bomb", to now return to the initial warning he and the rest of the Iran war hawks made months ago???

Politics is a strange game.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
They've been "1 year away from having the bomb" for the last 5 years...

Will they ever change the tune? It's getting very old and annoying now...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Exactly. Last year it was Iran could have the bomb in a year. It's almost as if every year they keep on claiming the same thing. I have even heard they could have nukes in 6 months before. It's unbelievable how stupid they think people are. Fox had the same story today. So obviously the media tycoons have the same script handed down from the puppet masters. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by superman2012

Why not just keep campaign promises?

hahhahhhahahhaha!!

oh, you're serious?!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

americans will believe whatever they hear on the news. it will be a few years before iran can make decent nuclear weapons, and even then, north korea is even crazier than they are, and north korea hasn't nuked anyone yet. it would be bad for business if iran nuked a country. tons of nations would feel threatened and leave iran in a pile of rubble.

No. Not serious. It was sarcasm. Hahaha. I keep forgetting to put "/sarcasm" for people that can't tell.
I for one, cannot believe how the western citizens swallow everything that MSM tries to force feed them, and then ask for more!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join