It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombing Victims Say Obama Administration Siding With Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

edit on 30-1-2012 by neo96 because: double post

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That's because Iran is an Islamofascist theocracy so much for turning the cheek Germany and Japan had Hiro and Hitler.

Quite the big difference which is why they can't get over it.

As to that comment Iran hasn't done anything like they "didn't" train,supply and fund that lead to American and Jewish deaths for over 30 years and they "don't" go around arresting anyone and call them spies.

This is really getting sick how many people defend Iran but liberals always side with the new "furher" and Iran wish i could come up with a "nom de guerre" for them like Hanoi jane.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Why would the Administration NOT back the victims in this??

Hi sonny, maybe because someone told them it would not be a good idea.

BTW revenge seldom brings anything good.
Where is the logic in a revenge attack that would kill even far more military, also US military?
Sometimes diplomacy can help.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia

Originally posted by sonnny1
Why would the Administration NOT back the victims in this??

Hi sonny, maybe because someone told them it would not be a good idea.

BTW revenge seldom brings anything good.
Where is the logic in a revenge attack that would kill even far more military, also US military?
Sometimes diplomacy can help.

Financially.

With as many sanctions as we place on Iran,you would think that the money can be had,for the victims family's.
NDAA and current sanctions have not done a damn for the victims family's......

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
This story actually seems to contradict itself, unless I am reading this wrong.

We can show that international banks have moved billions of dollars of funds from Bank Markazi, Iran's central bank, through banks in the U.S. So far that money has been untouchable.

Then this:

Incredibly, however, it is opposing a clear and effective way to take $2.65 billion out of the Iranian financial system

I thought the money had already made it's way into US banks and out of the hands of the Iranians. This group just cant get their hands on it.

The Administration's opposition will make it harder for future victims of Iranian terrorism to obtain justice as well, explained Ms. Derbyshire.

Huh? This statement really throws a red flag for me! Is it possible that this is not really about the "victims of terrorism" and more about the lawyers, this group and their big pay day?

Lets not forget that this is the same group that wants to sue Iran for.....can you guess?......9/11!
Why? Because 9/11 was a terror attack, and Iran supports terrorism! I'm sorry. This looks like hogwash!

Link

The compensation owed to the victims family's,shouldn't be denied.

Lynn Smith Derbyshire, whose brother Marine Captain Vincent Smith was killed in the 1983 bombing

Unless you believe they shouldnt get compensation?

edit on 30-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think this is one of them "slippery-slope" situations.

A US judge found Iran guilty or assisting the terrorists. Apparently this court had more evidense than even the US Sec. of Defense under Reagan.

In 2001, former Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger stated: "But we still do not have the actual knowledge of who did the bombing of the Marine barracks at the Beirut Airport, and we certainly didn't then."[18]

Link

Now if we are to take this sort of ruling seriously, we know open ourselves up to possible litigation against the US for all events in which death or mutilation occurred under their financial watch.

That means that there are a whole bunch of people out there that could sue the pants off of the US! If their courts ruled DEFAULT judgments against the US, should they have the right to seize the money from our banks and pay those whom were due justice?

Like I said, this opens a whole new area of crap that I don't think we want to step in.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So I guess it's cool to hold the USA, Brittan and other countries accountable for what they did 30 years ago. We sorry for the millions we have killed since in state sponsored terrorism? Vietnam anybody, Korea, Iraq whatever.

This is reaching for straws. Obama should pull down his pants and kiss his own ass because of what any of the former presidents did to the world, huh?

this is what the CIA did to Iran.
Torture, over throwing their government, etc. Should we pay reparations for what our intelligence services did to them. I think not.

www.enotes.com...

the USA has killed MILLIONS of people in illegal wars. Should we apologize for that. I dont feel responsible, I didn't do that.

edit on 30-1-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

That means that there are a whole bunch of people out there that could sue the pants off of the US! If their courts ruled DEFAULT judgments against the US, should they have the right to seize the money from our banks and pay those whom were due justice?

Like I said, this opens a whole new area of crap that I don't think we want to step in.

Exactly. It's one thing to impose sanctions on a country for violating the terms of an international agreement that it signed, and enforcing a resolution by an international body (the UN Security Council) that the country recognizes as legitimate on the one hand, and attempting to impose a judgement on the part of a domestic judicial body that the foreign nation considers to be illegitimate. One step at a time. If Iran can be brought into line, it might one day be possible for the victims' families to file suit with an international court that Iran considers legitimate. Proceeding otherwise would open the US to charges of "bullying."

edit on 30-1-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

the USA has killed MILLIONS of people in illegal wars. Should we apologize for that. I dont feel responsible, I didn't do that.

Explain that to al Qaeda. If you pay taxes, you're a murderer.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Compensations after a war take 1 or 2 or 3 generations to complete.
I think that in this case your own government is to blame, there is where the money should come from.
Allow me to explain:
Your country bullies other countries, and killed a lot of their people in the process.
Your country has a CIA that has done a lot of unspeakable things in other countries.
Your country should have known that was not wise to do, people tend get pissed off.

BTW I am still happy your grand-dad or dad liberated my country from the NAZI's.
The difference is that we asked you to help.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join