It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy DC Protester Tased During Arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Occupy DC Protester Tased During Arrest

www.reuters.com

"He was arrested for disorderly conduct. In the course of the arrest he was tased," Park police spokesman David Schlosser said, adding that he had no additional information on the man who was taken into custody.

The National Park Service has said it will bar Occupy protesters from camping in McPherson Square and Freedom Plaza, two parks near the White House where they have been living since October.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A DC protester was arrested for:

"Disorderly Conduct" and the police spokesman said they had no additional information.

Also of note in the short article is the fact that DC is already stating it will prevent protesters from setting up shop at McPherson Square and Freedom Plaza.

Not that this wasn't expected... but I am starting to worry about the arrests being made for "disorderly conduct".

Smells an awful lot like NDAA style tactics of "charge them with whatever you can, who cares..."

I'll update the post as more info comes about about the incident and what caused the arrest.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Updates:

CNN - Occupy DC

The park service notified protesters on Friday that they "may be subject to arrest and their property subject to seizure as evidence" if there are evident "camping violations" by around noon Monday.

Video posted online from early Sunday showed a man appearing to walk away from U.S. Park Police members as he yelled out, "I have done nothing wrong." Two officers tried to grab him, before a third officer used a stun gun on the man, who was then handcuffed.

A CNN crew witnessed the arrest, which protesters said came after the man went from tent to tent removing notices posted by the National Park Service. There was no immediate comment from park police on the incident, including whether the man was charged.

It seems a CNN newscrew videotaped the incident... which involved a handcuffed man being tased for saying "I've done nothing wrong".

Eyewitness accounts from YouTube:

And it appears the arresting officer's name was JL Lemke.

edit on 29-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Is this what he is talking about cause it is not as he says it is. Or were there more arrests?

new topics

join