It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we believing the impossible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here's this article that I read today saying that who believes in conspiracy theories see authorities as fundamentally deceptive. Thats pretty wild statement I would say.

What can we make out of these studies? That we are morons and believe everything thats presented to us?
Or is this some kind of SOPA act to diminish and evaporate all conspiracy websites, well there you have it another conspiracy has born!

The conviction that the "official story" is untrue can lead people to believe several alternative theories-despite contradictions among them

Did they also have a thorough investigation into these false cases?

To see if conspiracy views were strong enough to lead to inconsistencies, the researchers asked 137 college students about the death of Princess Diana. The more people thought there "was an official campaign by the intelligence service to assassinate Diana," the more they also believed that "Diana faked her own death to retreat into isolation." Of course, Diana cannot be simultaneously dead and alive.

Wow 137 people they base their study on... up yours Michael W, Karen D and Robbie S of the University of Kent.

I don't know people most of time when I'm around here I see threads come and go just like mine, we discus and go on right? only the real big threads stay around and most of the time, they are well grounded with very good evidence. But did it come to riots or other disturbances?

Soon they gonna blame us what happened in those countries that are starting to rival up for freedom and democracy.

I think they slowly trying to cover us up here.......

source: Science daily

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

the moment you open your eyes and realize, that america was behind the 9/11 attacks on its OWN soil...

you pretty much believe ANYTHING is possible... its so mind boggling that some people to this day cant wrap their heads around certain things...

id rather have an open mind to truth, than a narrow mind to lies

edit on 29-1-2012 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Right, its more like loosing ground I would say, and they see that information circulates fast these days with all the mediums we have at hand.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Its so sad that they need an enemy so bad that they create one (well more than one).

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I can see where they're coming from. On the other hand, the most level-headed people that I know think that there's more to the story when it comes to certain things. Most notably these things being JFK and Roswell.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Or if you read into the history of what our governments including USA did against their own citizens.
Apparently people always assume that things are so much better now since we live in year blah blah blah..

top topics

join