It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verify a a business is Real.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi all
I have a question, that someone with business experience may help me answer.

I am looking at buying some goods from a Chinese wholesaler/manufacturer, what would i need to
satisfy myslef that this is a real company.

I have a great business idea, and am frightened i get scammed.

Any advice greatley appreciated.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i dont know abotu china specifically, but if i have doubts i look for a chamber of commerce in teh said country.

i was approached by what looked like a legitimate lending company. to help fund a business.

they provided me with officious looking loan docs, but i wanted to be sure.

asking the loan guy made me more nervous as he sent me docs that looked photoshopped.

BUT... his docs had a business registration number on them, i was able to find the indian chamber of commerce, and try to verify this number.

FAKE! so i then proceeded to send this guy 5 emails a day telling him how bad his fake docs were. and how easy it was to prove he was fake. he had been preying on new business startups.

my advice, see of china has a chamber of commerce.

(:

verify chinese company

and this one....
edit on 29-1-2012 by okamitengu because: more info and links

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience, I am very grateful to you.
I have winning idea for wholesale /retail selling, so i need to be very very careful
of losing my small amount of capital.

What you said about the chamber of commerce, or it's Chinese equivalent.

Thanks again , and i will go read the links you have kindly posted.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
curious as to if you found what u were looking for?

second because i guess i need to?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I might suggest you also contact customs inspectors for what ever country you live in.

In the US there have been many products from china recalled recently due to high levels of lead, or radioactive material.

Also some US customs regulations are not apparent to people.

Example - If you go to Mexico camping, and take food with you (specifically eggs), it is illegal for you to bring those eggs back across the border into the US.....even though you bought them in the US.

Its a law based on agricultural issues.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You should run a business background check.

Use a reputable site, somewhere to run a business credit report or generate sales leads - like Experian.
You can also check with the State Secretary of State - at least to verify their status (if LLC or a corporation).

top topics

join