It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running Dry - Crude Oil & The End of the World as We Know It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
My husband gets oil royalty income every month from an oil field out here in west Texas that has been in production since the late 1930s, from a few wells his grandpappy drilled. The geologists predicted the oil from this field would run out in the early 1980s. It is still cranking out good amounts of oil today, which I find rather surprising (and the money quite handy).

He had a well farther east which went dry in the early 90s. The day the west Texas wells run dry is the day I begin to worry. Until then, nothing will change, because it doesn't have to.

Most people don't change their spending habits until they go broke. Our world will not change until we run out of easy oil. When that happens, we will adapt. It's human nature. I'm mentally prepared for it, and believe that necessity is the mother of invention. People will adapt when they are backed into a corner and have no other choice.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RawkMan
reply to post by Violater1

Yes, I am aware of some of the theories describing 'naturally occurring' crude oil. However, as your post mentions, this occurs slowly over time. The fact is, it is only over the last 200 years that we have been heavily producing and consuming oil.

edit on 29-1-2012 by RawkMan because: I babbled and so correct the sentence.

It is not a theory. Many of the old Montana, Wyoming and Texas "dry" oil fields have already refilled and are being tapped today.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Even if they do; we drain them at 100x the rate we did before.

<< 1   >>

join