It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening now...CIA.gov down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
While listening to the Occupy Oakland stream live. My girlfriend who is watching the broadcast noticed a post saying CIA.gov was down. Out of curiosity I checked it out, and as far as I can tell, it is indeed down.

Is Anonymous currently undergoing another attack?
I have no information to suggest it is Anonymous, however, with their recent attacks on the DOJ, ect....

For informational awareness only, check the sites yourself if you like.

Searched for existing thread and found nothing.

Eta: This is actually my first Thread, However I have been reading here for some time.
edit on 1/28/2012 by StripedMIB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Opened back up....to disucss the CIA being down, not the live happenings in Oakland

edit on January 28th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

It is down, I wonder if Anon is claiming responsibility for this or if this is regular maintenance? I guess we will see. I still think Anon could be doing better things than giving the Government a reason to police the web better.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
sure looks that way

Whether or not its related to the Occupy akland or Anon, thats another issue.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I was just posting a clarification too and reloaded the thread.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The commies won't be satisfied until they drag us into a showdown. They can call themselves anonymous or assholes but they're clearly anti-American. It might be our government workers doing it. I suspect many of them as being anti-American.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Magnificient because: changed all to call.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Thanks for the screenshot!

Also, I do agree that if it was Anonymous, it could only make matters worse.
Don't get me wrong, i'm all for making a point, but I believe taking down government sites down temporarily only shrinks the delicate edge of the internet we can still claim to hold onto. If an impact is to be made, it MUST be both at the right time and permanent. "They"...will not be frightened when no doubt there are backups of backups of the most important sights and information. (I used to be in Air Force Communications Systems and there was)

To: youdidntseeme Not sure of any association , but there seems to be rumor on the oakland stream of Anonymous having some information on the Oakland police. (Once again, unsubstantiated rumor)

Eta: Still can't help feeling a small twinge of satisfaction IF it is not simply a maintenance procedure.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Just tried it, and it loads fine for me.

www.cia.gov

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I am going to paraphrase a quote I seen in a comment awhile ago regarding these sites being taken down.

"Anonymous shutting down these websites is like a bunch of kids ripping down McDonald's billboards, do you think by doing so McDonald's won't still be selling hamburgers?"

I somewhat agree with that comment.

edit on 1/28/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Same here as well now. Oh well, will keep an eye on it anyway. Just to reinforce my delusions and paranoia...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I just checked it out and it's up, I did notice something wierd. my search toolbar is glowing green but only for this site. I can't recall if it's ever done this before. I'm using internet explorer 9. I don't know what this means.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's busy tonight... aside from that other thing.... Bahrain is also going full tilt with raids, protests and arrests. It seems a lot is happening at once. Par for the course these days....

The CIA really needs to work on this though. To say this is bad P.R. is like saying the Dinosaurs had a bad day when the asteroid hit.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The CIA really needs to work on this though. To say this is bad P.R. is like saying the Dinosaurs had a bad day when the asteroid hit.

Now if we were lucky enough for a asteroid to hit the CIA. But, like a hydra....

join