It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A couple feelings i have been getting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
1. We need to be helping each other instead of: hurting each other/separating from each other

2. Greed is the main driving force of evil

3. Time is running out(just got this one tonight)
edit on 28-1-2012 by mojo2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I agree with the first.

The second I would turn around to be evil is the main driving force of greed.

Please expand on what you mean by time is running out?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012

Dear mojo2012,

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No, it is beginning.

Let me, if I may give my Christian words for the same thoughts.

1. Love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself.
2. The love of money is the root of all evil.
3. The end will be preceded by earthquakes, wars and rumors of wars.

If you don't like Christian words, check out what the Hopi believe or the Muslims. Heck if you don't like believers, check out what the new age believers think. Don't like those thoughts, check out the "preppers" that are atheists and what they think. I like the old line, "something wicked this way comes".

Now, lets determine how we can do the first one, avoid the second one and not worry about the third one. Peace. I would like to quote one of my favorite poems, it is by Robert Frost.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

The love of money is the root of all evil.

Not always, money can be used for good as well, it is all in the indiviuals intentions.

I like the old line, "something wicked this way comes". But that is always timeless

edit on 28-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo2012
1. We need to be helping each other instead of: hurting each other/separating from each other

2. Greed is the main driving force of evil

3. Time is running out(just got this one tonight)
edit on 28-1-2012 by mojo2012 because: (no reason given)

Time isn't running out... we're just getting started!

I agree with the rest

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Dear TDawgRex,

That is why it said the "love" of money is the root of all evil. It is the lust in our hearts that corrupts, not the thing itself. Money is nothing, it is paper at best backed up by false promises. Wealth can be used to help people; but, the urge, the need to attain it at all costs means that we have allowed our decisions to be corrupted by selfishness.

Evil, if you will, is when our wants are allowed to become our decisions regardless of the consequences to others. The lust for the material at the expense of others leads us to do all kinds of evil and it begins with our justifying our actions and a everyone for himself mentality. Recently, there was a popular video about the "honey badger", the narrator gleefully admires the badger for not caring about anything other than getting what it wants. That is the evil that is in our hearts. By the way, glad you loved the line, it has always been one of my favorites. Peace.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
[Not always, money can be used for good as well, it is all in the indiviuals intentions.

It dawned on me though that largely for money to do good it is needed to negate it's own evil morass. Consider why charity is needed, for the most part.
edit on 1/28/2012 by The1Prettiest1One because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The love of money, what we do for money, what we sacrifice for money, what we endure for money...those are the evils. Money itself is just a symbol, really. We treat it like it has value. Some revere it more than others. I have spent years here talking about how we need to get rid of it.

I'm glad to see the idea is gaining support. I was ridiculed back then.

Time has run out, actually. Very few will make the leap in time anymore. The awakened will be in one place while the others will be in another. The split happened years ago, as far as Earth is concerned. It's now a matter of being where you belong. Those who understand as you do will be your new people. Our planet is set for huge change and *that* is what you perceive as "time running out". Time itself cannot run out nor anywhere else.

Love everyone and everything. None of it would exist without the other. There is greater appreciation for what you love when contrasted with something you love...less.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I'm a minimalist. I live within my means, save for my wants and donate what I can. I do try to be true to myself. I get your point, but there are those who give, probably more than they can afford.

If you come to my house, you'll find exercise balls rather than chairs. And I only have two balls...but let's not go there with the humor.

It's human nature on a individual level, whether to be greedy or altruistic.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Dear TDawgRex,

I'm a minimalist. I live within my means, save for my wants and donate what I can. I do try to be true to myself. I get your point, but there are those who give, probably more than they can afford. It's human nature on a individual level, whether to be greedy or altruistic.

Please note that I did not include the part about your balls.

Okay, I will tell a short true story. I have a relative who had to have one of his removed for medical reasons. When a member of our family dies we play cars, one of the games is Texas No Limit Holdem. One of our aunts passed away last year and we had an Irish wake that included playing a tournament. Everyone knew he had the surgery so it was not hidden. During the game I said I was raising two balls, I turned to him and said that I bet he couldn't meet the bet.

As for greed or altruism being human nature, I disagree, it is the nature of the human involved. We all start out selfish because we don't understand nor care how we effect others, if we learn that others have feelings too then we decide how much it matters to us. I believe we can grow and choose to be altruistic. When I was much younger I was the coldest person, not hateful, completely cold, no emotion. I once slammed a door on someone's hand just to see what would happen, I wasn't even angry at him, I did it just to see what would happen, pretty evil. Now I have homeless people living with me and feed the poor. The day I hurt that person was pivotal, I did not change all at once, far from it, it took decades; but, it started with my refusing to justify my actions and admitting to myself that I was wrong. We can change, we can mature and we do choose. It starts by understanding that we choose. Peace.

You know what, I want to add something. I felt so bad about what I did, he lost all of his fingernails and was in great pain, that I told him, and meant it, that anytime he wanted he could call me out, I would put my hands behind my back and he could hit me as much as he wanted. He told me he forgave me, that may have been my start at understanding and redemption.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

It's just a gut feeling i got while reading a post on here. I was getting my mind boggled reading about something that people cannot control and i felt they were wasting their time. That's when i got the feeling that time was running out. Based on quakes and volcano activity increasing I believe more bigger natural disasters are going to be coming in the near future. I'm not here to spread fear either. I, myself, have been trying to elminate fear from my life. I have been trying to make myself aware of more and more things going on in the world without letting fear take ahold of me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Humans respond very well to fear & it snaps us back into reality when all else fails.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Wonderful! Way to go! Your candor is appreciated. I too deal with fear, I am guessing we are not alone.
This site is a definite challenge that way. There are many who fearmonger. Try going into the archives and reading posts in Fragile Earth, from 2004 and 2005. You will see that time was running out then too. Perspective helps to put time back in the bottle.
. Keep on posting!

edit on 30-1-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join