It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS there a method to all this madness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is somewhat a rant/whiney outlet.

Life. Is there a purpose to all of this? The question everyone seeks to find an answer to. I'm a Christian so most Christians agree that our purpose is to live a good life and spread the word of Christ.
But is that it? It seems pretty narrow when you consider the grand scheme of things.

I have children. So my purpose here on earth is to raise them the absolute best I can and be a parent.
But is THAT is? In my opinion, parenting is the grandest job on earth. Also the most difficult. So are we really beings that just evolved over millions of years? Reproducing and continuing evolution? Is THAT our purpose here? To continue our species until we evolve into something else?

How does one know when they are on the right path? Many times in my life I thought I was making the right decisions, only to find out they were completely wrong. It doesn't matter how long or little I think, what factors I weigh in or don't, every decisions ends up being the wrong one. Trying to "change history" only leaves "history repeating itself" over and over and over. No matter how hard I try, I can not break the cycle. So do I stop trying? Do I just live a sedentary lifestyle? Something that has always driven me crazy about other people? When will I be content and happy with where I am at in life? When will I feel as though I have finally chosen the right path? When will my soul feel at rest?
I am very unsettled and have been for 10 years. I have tried numerous things to "fix" it. I've changed jobs, though never changed a career path. I love what I do for a living. I have children. I've been married and divorced. I moved 300 miles away from the place I called home for 27 years. I've made new friends or gone back to old ones.
I changed my religious views. I try to have a good balance in life of work and fun. Though I never really feel at peace. I feel this constant tug and I don't know where it is coming from. THERE HAS GOT TO BE MORE THAN THIS.
But what? I have no idea. I just want to find peace. And happiness. And joy. Not for minutes here and there. I want it to last.
What are YOU here for? Have YOU found true happiness? And in what?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wow... you do seem to be unsettled don't you.?

Perhaps your looking to hard for something that's right under your nose.
You seem to have had the same experience as the rest of us work, family, locations.
I think the word i'm looking for is a "varied" life.
I try to enjoy and take comfort in the good stuff and forget the crap.
Your statement "I just want to find peace. And happiness. And joy. Not for minutes here and there. I want it to last." struck me as the nub of the issue.
Truth is.....it dont last..... those three concepts are fleeting and sporadic. the whole reason why they should be cherished when encountered.
I think the truth is ..... is that ultimatly nothing matters. as long as you have loved and been loved.

Lighten up, relax, and go with the flow.

Hope you find peace

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
So do I stop trying? Do I just live a sedentary lifestyle? Something that has always driven me crazy about other people? When will I be content and happy with where I am at in life? When will I feel as though I have finally chosen the right path? When will my soul feel at rest?

I would think those are very relevant and important questions to most humans here. Perhaps not in the same context, specifically, but overall those are really the "tough" questions. Obviously, no one can answer them but you. Essentially, they are between you and God (in the context of your beliefs). For some, they feel as though they are on the right path when they decide to change how they look at the path itself.

But what? I have no idea. I just want to find peace. And happiness. And joy. Not for minutes here and there. I want it to last.

It is choosing peace in the ups AND downs that we find such things. May not be what we want to hear, or what you want to hear from me, but it is what it is. Instead of being taken for a ride, we are the stable center which experiences both things. We would not be able to experience joy, at all, if it were not for sadness. But both are experiences. For me, which may or may not apply to anyone else, it was all about accepting that not everything is "enjoyable" no matter what path I am on.. and thats ok. Its not easy to choose such a thing, but neither is this experience we call life. Even when the "right" path is chosen, there will still be trials and tribulations. So, I see that when we choose how to walk the path, is when we choose "correctly." The path itself, for the most part, is already made before our feet fall on it (just like a trail in a national forest).

2) Absolutely. 3) Acceptance, then Growth. I only speak for myself.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Life is designed for us to learn from it, that is its purpose....

Im here because i haven't learned everything that is needed as of yet...

I have found happyness... and that happyness is life itself.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There is no god, no judgement, etc. Live life how you want, a path that brings YOU the most satisfaction and reward - nothing more, nothing less...

There is nothing more than this - this is it. Life emerging in a cosmic goo, sometimes the answer is simplistic, and many don't want to acknowledge it, but try to fabricate something far more complex that is neither tangible or realistic...
edit on 27-1-2012 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Thanks.

top topics

join