It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blowin' in the Wind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Blowin' in the Wind

This song ask 9 questions, and these same questions are yet to be answered by humanity, so I ask you today. When is enough, enough?

How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?

This question to me means, maturity, wisdom and responsibility.

How many seas must a white dove sail, before she sleeps in the sand?

Could mean several things, white dove and older grey haired person, sleeps in the sand, laid to rest.

A person journey through life working everyday to till the land earn a living and finally retiring.

What does it mean to you?

How many times must the cannon balls fly, before they're forever banned?

As long as greed and power exist so will war's and famine, afraid the answer to this one will be many more life times.

How many years can a mountain exist, before it's washed to the sea?

As we see in the Grand Cannon water a liquid with time can destroy even something as hard as rock. But I think this one goes much deeper in thought. What is your thinking on it?

How many years can some people exist, before they're allowed to be free?

Many might think, well they freed the slaves, so this one has been answered. The fact is they did not free anyone, but lawfully enslaved all citizens with assumed rights under the 14th Amendment.

How many times can a man turn his head, pretending he just doesn't see?

Today on ever front we face tragedies of all kinds, even if you do not watch TV or listen to radio, you can't walk or drive down the road without seeing a homeless person asking for work, food, or just spare change. So no one should be pretending any more they just do not see.

How many times must a man look up, before he can see the sky?

This one can have many means as well, to me, its a matter of taking time out and seeing the beauty that surrounds us, and a hope for peace. How about you?

How many ears must one man have, before he can hear people cry?

To me this could be part two of turning your head not to see what is going on, we are all crying out for one thing or another, this does not have to represent physical tearing eyes, for many cry loudly inside.

Finally, How many deaths will it take till he knows, that too many people have died?

For many of us around the globe that number has been reached ten fold, for others that martyr themselves for one reason or another, that number will never be high enough.

As you listen to this song, ask yourself these questions, and when you have thought it out take a few minutes and answer them here.

Thank you all, and may peace find its way into your heart.

I have placed this in the topic of Social issues and Civil Unrest, to me these questions fit perfect with the threads title.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Very valid questions for a open discussion and many of them have been embedded in my thoughts for quite some time now. Unfortunately the only solution I keep getting to is its going to take some kind of massive war to rid the world of these problems. Now I know what you thinking, war? that's the whole problem with this world. Yes, but most wars are fought for the same reasons on each side whether it be for power over resources, religion, land or any other reason they deem to be fit for killing. The war I have in mind is something very different, something this world has never seen before. A mental war must be waged!. Spreading the truth is the initial attack, converting ignorance into action is the second phase ( we need as much troops as possible) and the final phase is to use the power we have been deprived of for so long to put an end to the current system (bigger picture).

People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people.

Just my 2 cents in a nut shell

Regards

join