It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate your alternative to Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Please allow yourself a moment to climb out of the MSM pool of thought and share in a dabate to explain your point of view of support for another candidate.

I can understand how it may seem a little excessive the mass support for the good doctor and possibly turn off some who would question his leadership abilities or other stances on issues. With this point being made, I would like to understand the different viewponts of other candidates and how their policies and viewpoints strengthen U.S. as a nation and put us on a path off the beaten trail of the last 20 years or so.

To be upfront, I have to agree with about 95% of every one of his stances despite his position on unions. I am a union worker and see it as the only way to have a fair wage and rights in this country yet I am willing to sacrifice having an easier ride than to continue the status quo and let the chips fall where they may.

I see no other logical conclusion than to have this man voted president this year. I have my reasons, I would like to hear yours against or for..Thank you

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentalData
Please allow yourself a moment to climb out of the MSM pool of thought and share in a dabate to explain your point of view of support for another candidate.

I can understand how it may seem a little excessive the mass support for the good doctor and possibly turn off some who would question his leadership abilities or other stances on issues.

Hold it right there!

Mass support is only apparent-- but less than real --for two reasons:

1) Ron Paul's campaign makes use of the Internet. A few zealous supporters making many posts each does not translate into "mass support" it is just supposed to look like that.

2) This is an incumbent election year-- Democrats do not have primaries in which to vote-- and as is ALWAYS the case, the party of the incumbent cross-over to vote in the other party's primary. They do this in hopes of swaying the vote toward a candidate which CANNOT beat their own candidate-- and Ron Paul is that person for the Democrats.

That is to say Democrats are voting for Ron Paul now will vote for Obama in November.

With this point being made, I would like to understand the different viewponts of other candidates and how their policies and viewpoints strengthen U.S. as a nation and put us on a path off the beaten trail of the last 20 years or so.

To be upfront, I have to agree with about 95% of every one of his stances despite his position on unions. I am a union worker and see it as the only way to have a fair wage and rights in this country yet I am willing to sacrifice having an easier ride than to continue the status quo and let the chips fall where they may.

I see no other logical conclusion than to have this man voted president this year. I have my reasons, I would like to hear yours against or for..Thank you

I know a vote for Ron Paul is vote for Obama.

A vote for Romney is probably a vote for Obama-- polls show Romney would lose at present.

A vote for Gingrich... I think Obama would win, but if you are a conservative-- he is the only hope for you at present.

The issues, you see, do not matter unless your candidate can win-- an NOT ONE genuine conservative that I know, is supporting Paul. My conservative friends do not even discuss him-- but my liberal friends talk about him all the time; and yet will vote for Obama if the election is between Ron Paul and Obama.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well you are entitled to vote however you see fit. I would advise you to possibly educate your conservative friends to the positions RP defends and help them recognize the future of our republic seems to be in his hands. I do not expect ANY democrat supporting RP now to vote Obama come elections. Any democrat I come across, I'm from NYC, seems to be at their last straw with Obama.

I feel education is key seeing that coverage is not so supprotive of Dr. Paul, it is the individual citizens responsibility to spread the message he has to offer. Any other action in my eyes is an act against our nation. There seem to be a plethora of tyrrants in this country ready to shred the remnants of freedom we have left.
If you so choose to pull that lever for any other candidate and fall in line with what is being perpetuated by the news conglomerates then you are part of the problem, in my opinion.

You see I care nothing for political parties, I care about my individual freedoms which are yours as well. Supporting the other candidates is support for bailouts, big government, surveillance and continuous exectutive orders.

Does anyone actually understand what they are seeing in these debates? The fact that RP is made out to be unelectable by the establishment should be enough for any intellectual mind to understand the message behind their actions...THEY ARE ALL AFRAID OF HIS DESIRE TO END THEIR POWER.

How can anyone use their vote to support this oppressive system of ours?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have been talking up Ron Paul to friends and relatives for months, both in person and on Facebook. Responses vary, from "he's senile", to "are you kidding?"

He's just not suave enough to appeal to the masses around me. It's frustrating.

Newt seems to be everyone's favorite around me right now.

Very frustrating, but my persuasion hasn't worked. Everyone seems to already have their minds made up against Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

Yes you have to admit the media is powerful. Question will be, how determined are Americans to finally get a candidate who will work for us, not against us? I would use this angle to talk sense to people who can't break from the hypnosis of society. What each person sees is a fix to this nation, then explaining how RP is the only candidate determined to make a difference. Though I respect peoples opinions, I find most will have a difficult time explaining why a specific candidate in this race is the right choice for a prosperous America. Paul supporters don't seem to have that problem.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I would also add pulling out all of Newt's skeletons for everyone around you to witness as they won't hear about them from any other source. It is a long list. Also speak to women and have them accept his open marraige offer. I'm sure no respectful woman could support a man who sees his wife(he's had three, pick one) as an inconveince to surcumvent. Think of all the wonderful laws he can find his way around.

top topics

join