It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can World Peace Become A Reality?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrgregbusybee

Originally posted by lampsalot
Sacrificing my family wouldn't be necessary to forgive anyone who hurt me or mine. I can't say for sure but I think I would forgive after the anger subsided. Technically all human beings are family members since we share common ancestors if you go back far enough. There's no reason to be angry and vengeful forever, I think in such a situation it would be necessary if you wanted to continue with your life. The damage would already have been done. I have sworn an oath to myself to never brandish a gun so by default I will never kill anyone in self defence or defence of another. The worst I would do is injure someone to save another or myself.

I don't judge people who do or would act in fatal self defence, but I practice absolute non-violence to set an example.
edit on 23-1-2012 by lampsalot because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by lampsalot because: (no reason given)

Okay and I respect your choice and views on violence, guns...etc. I agree that you have to let go of anger and we are all ancestors.

I don't judge people either...i've seen to much and I've done too many things to judge anyone else. i like to hear from pacifists because your thought processes are 180 of mine about 90% of the time. It's refreshing in a way.

thanks again for your comments, i appreciate your time on my thread...maybe there's hope yet...???

Maybe!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
does anyone else
have any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
hmmm.
Apparently world peace is not as important to ATS'rs as ...the alternative.

<< 1  2   >>

join