It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Nintendo Handheld Multiplay Out There

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Now I know that the majority out there only hangs on the X-Box or Sony platforms but if anyone out there still enojoys classics like myself, you might want to take a look at New Super Mario Bros. and the Mario vs. Luigi mode in specific.

Mario Vs. Luigi is a multiplayer mode included for the first time in 2006's New Super Mario Bros. for Nintendo DS. Players assume either Mario or Luigi and race through a looped two-dimensional map collecting stars. Along the way, they fight each other using traditional Mario Bros. power-ups. This two-player mode is immediately available within the game. Only one copy of the game is necessary for two people to play.

I've played nearly a year now, once every couple of days with a friend and I got to a point where I play the game blind-folded. (yet it doesn't get boring due to the fact that you'r confronted with new strategic situations that you must logicly solve on each run)

Here's a lil video i just decided to upload so you can see how tricky this game can be. (and FUN if you have someone to practice with)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ive been toying with the idea of getting a 3DS, the last handheld i had was a PSP first gen many years ago and frankly i miss nintendo titles like this.

Looks great fun!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I bought my daughter a 3ds for christmas.
They are very good, the 3D looks better than I was expecting
edit on 22-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I own the DSiXL and tried out the 3DS at a game stop and it really disappointed me. Sure the graphics are a bit better and it's 3D but I'm one of the people who can't seem to focus on the game when it's in 3D.
Also, althought you have a double screen (of which only one is in 3D), the screens are a lot smaller and after 10 minutes playing Zelda my eyes started to hurt.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i would like to play this game but i cant handle the 3DS.
i hope no handheld gaming tech follows this 3D trend.
they should release this new mario on the wii

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have a 3DS and I love it. Trust me, I forget it has a 3D function much of the time. There is a slider in which you can turn the 3D completely off. Some really good games are going to be coming out for it, and there are some good games for it right now. I am currently playing Sims 3 Pets. It works well on the 3DS.

To the OP, I remember playing New Super Mario Bros. back when it first came out. The multiplayer is indeed a lot of fun.

join