It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costa Concordia owners offer disaster survivors 30% discount off future cruises!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Umm, thanks, but no thanks.

Costa Concordia: 'insulting' cruise offer to survivors

The owners of the Costa Concordia are offering survivors of the disaster a 30 per cent discount off future cruises as they battle to stave off law suits expected to cost hundreds of millions of pounds.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Wow! 30% off of any future cruises for survivors of the Costa Concordia disaster. This is an absolute disgrace and parent company Carnival should be ashamed of themselves.

Is there truly no compassion left in the world?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
That's honestly very noble of them, I'd take it.

I mean, these things are pretty rare so why not jump at the chance and prove how safe cruises are by going again in future?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

given theres been cruises where they've offered nothing due to illness etc then its probably seen as being generous and like most management they're more worried about the share price

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The survivors should get nothing. SHould you get money from MC donalds if you choke on one of ther french fries and survive?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Very noble of them? It's a kick in the teeth. You have got to be joking. A 30% discount? Really? Hope that doesn't put them out.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think a 30% discount is in poor taste, it makes them sound like car salesmen... they should all be given a FREE all inclusive future cruise, WITH airfare.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Is this only if they dont sue?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You can get more discount by just shopping around and you dont have to scarred for life in the process
Costa should be paying them to get back on another ship and they can all get a free' steering the ship voucher' plus free beer and sedatives

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sorgmodig

no but when your choking and are told to go back to your table and sit down you should.

nice try
edit on 22-1-2012 by DankKing420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There going to be sued
by the people who had fam that died.
This was not just some accident.
if it was i would think different.
this was gross negligence on behalf
of the company and they will pay.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Its just a damage limitation exercise..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Where did they bury the survivors?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Does anyone know if the people got a refund for that particular cruise?

I've never taken a cruise before but is there any kind of disclaimer or release form you have to sign before taking one?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Oh,these lawyers are going to be pulling in the cash for sure!

The COSTA CONCORDIA is owned by Carnival. Carnival is based in Miami-Dade County. All lawsuits MUST BE FILED IN MIAMI.

he COSTA CONCORDIA cruise ship accident attorneys at Colson Hicks Eidson have decades of experience in maritime law, including offshore accidents and cruise ship accidents. Partner Mike Eidson has been following this case closely, and he has been quoted in numerous publications’ stories about the tragedy:

YOU MUST ACT FAST. If you have suffered injuries in or lost a loved one to the tragic COSTA CONCORDIA sinking, you may have a limited time to act – your ticket may require you to file suit within as little as six months or lose the opportunity to sue. DO NOT MISS YOUR CHANCE TO RECOVER FOR YOUR LOSSES.

www.costaconcordiaaccidentlawsuit.com...
edit on 22-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Considering that the accident was down to one person, I would be happy getting my money back and a free holiday, plus my accommodation which id have to stay in because of the said accident.

Hate all this compensation bullsht. Because of one mans negligence, your asking for all the company to be torn down through compensation pay outs? Think logically people, that is wrong. The man will be going prison for a very long time and the company which has a good history has had that reputation tarnished due to this same man.

Wish all the families the best of luck but suing the whole company due to one cowardly mans actions should not be allowed

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Like above poster said, it's not entirely the cruise lines fault, more the dumb captain. Or atleast that's what we know so far. Anyway, 30% is ridiculous, how about they try a free super extended cruise around the world? That 30% is honestly a slap in the face but what did you expect?

I once got a $200 voucher from Delta months after they had screwed up, had us stuck in nasty sticky Atlanta for 3 nights and missed out on what could have been some amazing nights in beautiful Munich. They also managed to get 3 of my buddies suitcases lost, 1 of them didn't get his suitcase back until a day before we left! Not to mention that he had to go about borrowing our clothes and buying expensive douchey looking Euro clothes. Anyway, I remember getting the voucher and thinking, "You honestly think I'll ever fly Delta again?!"

I hope the passengers heard this and said, "You really think I'm gonna be cruising Costa again?!"

Honestly, I think the cruise line knows these are customers lost for good and so they're just trying to extend an elbow to make themselves look "good".

top topics

join