It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul...who?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You still believe the media? You believe their poll results? If the other candidates had a following like this I would be saying something different...

South Carolina Poll

Differance between SC Poll & Internet Poll

MOD, please move to correct Forum, didn't relise until after posted...
edit on 1/21/2012 by Shdak because: MOD Help

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

just checked your source and voted. Hoping for a 1st place finish today. the more the msm ignores dr.paul the stronger he gets it seems. A win today will end that.
edit on 21-1-2012 by 6Eyengineer because: typo

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
There does seem to be a strong effort to close Ron Paul down. He just isn't getting the positive press that the others get. If we don't get him as President, then we lose period. The other men are just fine, but I think only Ron Paul can fix America.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
He seems to do well in all the online polls, just a thought but could that be because people who are net savvy enough to find online polls are exposed to more truth than your average American and therefore are more aware of him and what he represents?

I personally believe there is a conspiracy to keep him out of sight and hopefully out of mind with most voters and even the possibility of vote rigging happening but maybe it really is as simple as most Americans are ignorant twats

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I really don't know much about this at all, so I really am asking from ignorance.

My understanding was that Romney and Gingrich were getting attacked by the press and Santorum and Paul were being ignored. Is that basically right?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"Presidents are selected, not elected." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Bilderberg rules the world. Follow the money trail. Obama will be king for another term, even though America wants Ron Paul and it's overwhelmingly obvious. It doesn't matter what we want. Democracy is an illusion.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
On line polls are not scientific however the mainstream media did not ignore them when Obama was winning them 4 years ago, they used them to catapult him into a win, just more evidence of the dishonesty and bias.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ron Paul is forcing the GOP to change it's platform and accept him as a candidate.

Mitts recent struggles this week have been painful to watch. He has resembled “porky pig” in his attempts to explain his Tax Returns (or lack thereof).

Also gaining traction is the issue about Mitt’s IRA. The Wall Street Journal estimated that Mitt’s IRA is valued between $20-$100 million.

Wall Street Journal article:
online.wsj.com...

Considering the most he could have legally contributed is around $150,000 he would have to have the best / luckiest portfolio manager in history to have $19-$99 million in gains on $150k in investments AND survive the recessions we’ve had.

Time article:
moneyland.time.com...

Newt Gingrich put a debate moderator and his ex wife in their place this week as millions watched. The underlying sentiment however will likely cause Gingrich to fade from his second “15 minutes of fame”. Voters will likely re-connect with the underlying tone that Gingrich broke his political “Contract with America” as well as his “moral contract” with two ex-wives. Voters across America will continue to ponder about Newt’s trustworthiness.

Rick Santorum is an enigma. He seems like a kid happy to be at the adult table. He seems outclassed by his “big brother” Mitt, his “cranky uncle” Newt and his “grampa” Ron. Some of his policies may or may not be good for America. He may or may not be a flip flopper. He may or may not be electable as the nominee but doubtfully as President. If he can’t overshadow his GOP competitors how will he handle Netanyahu, Ahmadinejad, Medvedev and Chavez?

Then there’s Ron Paul.

If Ron Paul looked like Mitt and had a slightly less radical position on the military he would be unstoppable. Dr. Paul has solid support among a wide range of voter demographics and the GOP cannot win the Presidential election without Ron Pauls supporter.

The GOP now has two choices – one of the three “main stream” candidates have to adopt a less radical version of Ron Paul’s platform OR Ron Paul has to smooth his platform to be more palatable to the GOP base. The result just may be the best thing for America and the way politics is supposed to work, as long as the eventual nominee doesn’t jettison his platform as soon as he takes the oath of office like Obama did.

Either way the GOP race is going to be fascinating to watch in the coming weeks as the platform solidifies and the GOP is forced to reinvent itself to appeal to the Ron Paul allectorate.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
When reading the source article I noticed at the end it was mentioned that the percentages were based on 600 respondents. I seem to recall, from a statistics class, that for there to be any statistical significance to the data that most models required randomness and a minimum of 1,200 or 1,300 respondents, can't remember which. Does anybody have any more specific knowledge in this area? If I am remembering correctly that would make the online poll results more significant I would think.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

Thanks for the analysis. You mentioned something about Santorum that I find interesting.

If he can’t overshadow his GOP competitors how will he handle Netanyahu, Ahmadinejad, Medvedev and Chavez?

Doesn't that apply to Ron Paul as well? He hasn't figured out how to get newsmen to pay him any attention, would world leaders?

No, I don't have a favorite in this race, I figure that by the time I have a chance to vote in a primary, it will be pretty well decided, so I'm not getting worked up now.

new topics

top topics

join