It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 years ago today, Newt Gingrich was fined for ethical misconduct.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Eighty-four ethics charges were filed against Gingrich during his term as speaker. After extensive investigation and negotiation by the House Ethics Committee, Gingrich was sanctioned $300,000 by a 395–28 House vote. It was the first time in history a speaker was disciplined for ethical wrongdoing.

Special Counsel James M. Cole concluded that Gingrich violated federal tax law and had lied to the ethics panel in an effort to force the committee to dismiss the complaint against him. The full committee panel did not agree whether tax law had been violated and left that issue up to the IRS. In 1999, the IRS cleared the organizations connected with the "Renewing American Civilization" courses under investigation for possible tax violations.

Source - Wikipedia

This man could be president. People like Gingrich make me want Ron Paul to win... and I don't even like Ron Paul. Lesser of two evils in my opinion. I think this should be brought up more by the media, if it isn't already.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
An absolute degenerate DEVIL of a human being.

For the sake of this country, none of these republicans need to win other than Ron Paul. Seriously, they will DESTROY this country if elected. The supporters of such devils need to flippin' wake up already before their children and grandchildren futures are WIPED OUT COMPLETELY.

Anyone not supporting Ron Paul needs to WAKE UP already. At least wake up for the sake of our children and grandchildrens futures!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Mr Grinch has all the characteristics of a Psychopath.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, you see what happens when you criticize him. He blows a fuse and has a temper tantrum right on national television.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
Mr Grinch has all the characteristics of a Psychopath.

May I quote you on that? lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Gingrich is literally a bigger threat than terrorism. Anybody wanting to know why, should listen to some candid remarks the blabbering fool recently made, on deliberately allowing terrorist attacks to happen.

Here is the Original, 1.53 minute, end of giving journalist conference clip
www.youtube.com...
Here's the 56 second highlighted version: www.youtube.com...

After Watching Above Vid...
If Gingrich was president I am pretty sure America would become a police state, one that e.g. arrests political opponents for accusations the arresters know are false, and they do not care, because they are confident there will never be a trial.

Every person, and every politician who believes terrorism is above the Safety of Democracy, or civil liberties, needs to remember that (in a functional democracy) there is no higher cause than the preservation of democracy –freedom in its daily form.

Although terrorism (on average -over the years) could kill more Americans than lightening strikes, so far destiny has indeed been very "kind to us". Little wonder (that as a servant of evil) if Gingrich was president, America could well suffer another 9/11 (one possibly times 11?)

Who would vote for him? How can you be so stupid? Have you been tested for government microchips, or was your vote simply “counted” by a Republican voting machine?

The admission of voting irregularities and uncounted votes in the state adds more weight to the argument that the race was fixed in order to discount Ron Paul and push him to the periphery in a concerted effort to minimize his popularity among voters and upstage the handpicked establishment candidates.
On January 4, we reported on the Republican establishment’s decision to conduct the vote count in secret after vague threats issued by the shadowy Anonymous hacker group and protests planned by Occupy the Iowa Caucus.
www.infowars.com...

If it was thanks for voting, as although some votes might be forged others won’t be, remember peaceful resistance, is always productive & strong (no matter how slim, the odds sometimes seem).

new topics

top topics

join