It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sopa/pipa and prison?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hey,

Can somebody out there help me out?

With all this sopa/pipa business am i right in thinking that if a member of the public is caught streaming unauthorised copyrighted content with ten such infringements within six months they could face a penalty of five years in prison?

If this is the case, how would this effect non-american citizens??

Could anybody link me to the relevant parts of this terrorist attack/bill[s] please.

I realise the full ramifications of these bills won't be felt straight away, I think the terrorists will step it up bit by bit to try and keep the sheeple on their side.. How bad could this potentially be for the world??

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have heard that: because so much of the world has entered into Free Trade Agreements with the USA - it means that most of those countries that have done so also had to adopt Intellectual Property laws that are in-line with the American ones to do so. So on this basis, should the US pass SOPA/PIPA, the nations with a FTA with the US would soon follow suit with similar/equivalent laws.

So yeah.

EDIT:

Up until such a time, I don't think the US would worry about extraditing 15 year olds who upload copyrighted material, it would be too expensive.

The whole copyright system should be abolished in-favour of Creative Commons. Have you seen "RiP: A Remix Manifesto"

edit on 19/1/12 by ghostsoldier because: added stuff

join