It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would Thomas Jefferson think of Washington D.C. today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
There was a thread about Thomas Jefferson, but was posted back in 2005, and didn’t receive the credit that it should have. So I am re-posting another thread about Thomas Jefferson, and what Thomas Jefferson would think about what’s going on in Washington today. Here is an amazing website that has a lot of things that he said, and it is becoming true to this day.

Thomas Jefferson

Ron Paul has taken this into account, and we as Americans should do the same, and get back what is rightfully ours.

Brainy Quotes

edit on 18-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: Another link of some interesting quotes made by Thomas Jefferson himself

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
He is rolling around in his grave most likely.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

I would think he would round up the other founding fathers and start planning a new American Revolution! He wouldn't be happy with what he sees to say the least.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
he would slap romney and challenge him to a duel. then proceed to kick his ass all up and down the national mall.

the good old day's when being a man and fighting your own fights was a virtue instead of the 5-10 years in a maximum security prison it is now.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Our forefathers are looking down at us right now in pure embarrassment.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
He would probably chastise all the politicians as traitors to the U.S. and than go on the record to support Ron Paul for president.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
he would lol then barf.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
He would simply say .........

"I TOLD YOU SO!"

Quad

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
See this guy was ahead of his time,
he knew what would happen, and how we would find ourselves here.
and this is what he thinks..
Thomas Jefferson's Warning To America
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
What you all say above is true, I wish others would realize this, and not turn their back on it especially today's Washington!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
He would say I clearly warned you...

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

It is a pitty you did not heed that warning and act.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I really think ole TJ would be proud of our progress.

"Equal RAPE Under The Law" and all!

No child, no woman, no minority, nor any country is immune to the "Rights" that Jefferson espoused.

Way to go America!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
He would see that were so far gone that he'd just move to Finland.

Government: corrupt + Citizens: blind = (I'll let you figure that one out)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
He'd walk about the capital, slapping the dickens out of every single citizen over the about 19 or 20 that he could find and say, "You, sir/madam, are an imbecile."

top topics

join