It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians taxpayers paying out 23 dollars to one dollar by mp for their pension.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I really wish ATS would have a Canadian politics forum ,also how about one for the uk as well or is it a conspiracy.

Anyway I heard this story on the cbc news this morning they were saying 23 dollars by the taxpayers to the dollar for m.p. I found it funny while driving to get a tims I hear on the radio ( conservative friendly ) that it was only 5 dollars to the dollar. The point is so many Canadians don't get a pension plan from work places. If there is it is matched dollar for dollar. I am tired of being lied to and ripped off by the politicians . These m.p. shouldn't get a pension as already they are making a six figure income and when they do decide to leave parliament after their 6 years it up to qualify for this ridiculous pension plan for themselves. Not to mention they are not leaving parliament for low paying jobs at the esso or ultramar . Then to turn around and have harpies and con friends come out to say Canadians are not saving enough for retirement while these pigs laugh all the way to the bank.

source

I really hope there is a petition for this , or I will start one myself.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Agreed!
Same could be said of our senate - and now a full-fledged partisan product. Pick your perks, great benefits, and its alright, you don't have to attend meetings if you're, say, vacationing, or um seeking medical treatment in Mexico or somewhere.

People just keep plugging on while these politicians line their pockets on taxpayers and on corporate dollars - I won't get in to the ways, there are threads on it, yah?

Occupy did address it - here anyway.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I don't even know what the point of our senate for when the P.M.O. can appoint whom ever they want harpie stacked it with all his little buddies. So why not have the house vote for legislation WTF do we need senate for aside from creation jobs for politician and their friends. Get rid of it we don't need it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
you don't have to pay taxes it you don't want to, oh wait you do.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you don't have to pay taxes it you don't want to, oh wait you do.

Certainly you are made to pay employment taxes if you are in the government or corporate sector, also the obligatory sales tax, however it's possible not to pay any work tax if you are in the private sector IE: no store or extra employees, but like just working for yourself as 'Mr. X' working as a painter, or a cleaner, no official business name... As far as I understand it.

I'm concerned as I work for a corporation as a production baker but no pension or anything... yet they take money from my paycheck, just as much money as they do government employees but I won't get such a fair pension plan.

Sad, but I will treat the government just as well as they treat me.
edit on 18-1-2012 by star in a jar because: public to government

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I thought I was PO'd when they decided to just give themselves raises on our dime whenever the hell they want but this just infuriates me. I've spent my entire highschool and adult life working and educating to get a good carrer, got downsized 6 months ago, and now struggle to find job openings let alone survive. An average story round this part of B.C. now, yet these lazy fat cats get a wonderful little package to live on. Makes me wish we'd stop hoping someone will write a strong letter and do somthing.

new topics

top topics

join