It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD and Pentagon to place mobile scanners on the streets on NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
NYPD and Pentagon to place mobile scanners on the streets on NYC

New York City’s war on freedom could be adding a new weapon to its arsenal, especially if NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly has his say. The head of the New York Police Department is working with the Pentagon to secure body scanners to be used throughout the Big Apple.

If Kelly gets his wish, the city will be receiving a whole slew of Terahertz Imagining Detection scanners, a high-tech radiation detector that measures the energy that is emitted from a persons’ body. As CBS News reports, “It measures the energy radiating from a body up to 16 feet away, and can detect anything blocking it, like a gun.”

What it can also do, however, is allow the NYPD to conduct illegal searches by means of scanning anyone walking the streets of New York. Any object on your person could be privy to the eyes of the detector, and any suspicious screens can prompt police officers to search someone on suspicion of having a gun, or anything else under their clothes. According to Commissioner Kelly, the scanners would only be used in “reasonably suspicious circumstances,” but what constitutes “suspicious” in the eyes of the NYPD could greatly differ from what the 8 million residents of the five boroughs have in mind.

The American Civil Liberties Union has already questioned the NYPD over what they say is an unnecessary precaution that raises more issues than it solves.

...Step by step...inch by inch...

When are we going to actually get mad enough to stop this?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Have these guys even looked into the medical issues this could cause?

I forsee lots of dead or confused birds in their future. A rising cancer rate.. etc

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Once they get this...Next stop is your home

Pretty soon we all could be looking at a Equilibrium society

I like being awake, how dare they make me go back to sleep!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yep, for your safety. I find this move disgusting and really don't like the direction my country is heading in. New York seems to be on the front of this anti-freedom, enhanced security movement. Here in Florida they have set up a few random check points at places like major Greyhound hubs that get some media attention where they'll interview some sheeple saying how they feel safer and the police are doing a mighty fine job. I've heard rumors that they want to put check points and scanners on all Interstate Highway state borders you know to keep us safe from the boogie man, those evil illegal Mexican workers, and all those jihadists that we have been warned about for the past decade or so.

What I want to know is who has the contract for those mobile scanners and what inflated price us tax payers paid.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
IMO

That counts as a search, and is therefore in violation of my Fourth Amendment Rights. Therefore, I do believe it is very very unconstitutional. However, knowing the courts and their disdain for personal rights, I'd bet scanners wouldn't constitute as a search if the SCOTUS reviewed any such case. You know why? Because dog sniffs do not count as a search...if we do not have the right to the privacy of the odor of our person, car, or curtilage, then what makes you think we'll have a right to the privacy of our body heat.

Now that I think about it, battle lost before it began unless we get some 4th amendment lovers on the court...and no, that has nothing to do with party affiliation...its all up to the individual judge and how they interpret the constitution. Fun times...fun times..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is just another example of how sickeningly close our country is becoming to a dystopian society. Soon we will all be eating Soilent Green and watching the Great one on tv.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sterilization and "safety" for the price of one!

Or anything else huh?
They wanna see what kind of bra or corset I am wearing huh...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Every New Yorker should buy a toy gun, wrap it in tinfoil,except for the orange piece on the muzzle and carry them concealed. Several at a time in fact.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
People are not hungry and out of work yet. As long as their flow doesn't get cut off they will accept it.

But....if it does they will set everything and everyone on fire that's the focus of their rage and there will be nowhere that they can run and hide. We see that in Greece right now.

Oh but the Greeks don't have all these high tech wonders you say? It wont make a bit of difference once the masses are enraged. They will turn to the tactics of the narco terrorists. Then there will be the same violence as mexico. This is a slippery slope. You will one day see police and soldiers refusing to show up and turning their badges in. For the simple reason they know the public will kill them, remove their masks and then butcher their families. They will refuse orders knowing once they are killed their families will die gruesome horrible torturous deaths. Look at the 1%ers. They will all kill. But they have special hit squads as well. You may get away with some public crap on them but they say when its over.

The enraged masses will immediately adapt, as the same group psychopathy takes over. You cant put down mob rule when they are waiting to surround you and trap you. That was what was going on in Greece. They would start a front and when they built up soldiers and cops they would surround them and attack from all sides. Watching these early conflicts and understanding what you can do to get away in one piece may be the difference between staying alive, or being snuffed out by either side.

My plan is when the flow stops....slip away and stay out of sight. Because at that point both sides will be very dangerous to be around. Hunker down and don't get involved. That's the path. Stay quiet, stay out of sight and don't come into contact with anyone until some sort of order is restored. Sadly i have lost faith in all sides and would rather spend the rest of my days alone.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Every New Yorker should buy a toy gun, wrap it in tinfoil,except for the orange piece on the muzzle and carry them concealed. Several at a time in fact.

I like this idea a whole bunch, that would be great. or those that can should all get a real permit to carry, and strap a live one on since it's legal...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

right there with ya.....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think the NYPD thinks that New Yorkers are terrorists. Why?
Cause only terrorists should get treated like this.

I always wanted to visit New York. That vacation will stop short though if this is implemented.

The way New York is played these days makes me sad. Its like a prison city.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You're not missing anything. Save yourself the money and hassle.

For the life of me I'll never understand why anyone would consciously choose to enter NYC.

I did decades ago. Got trapped in the trance for several years. Never again. That place can't sink into the Atlantic fast enough. My first 5 minutes there I was offered crack, had a cinder block smash the bus window of the seat I was in, got chased by angry panhandlers and stepped in a puddle. That was the best 5 minuted of all my time there.

Maybe once huge swaths of the population begin to succumb to radiation poisoning from the scanners the city would be slightly more tolerable. I doubt it though.
edit on 18-1-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well it sounds like you had the time of your life. What fun is it without smashed windows and crack?

hah

Thanks for the heads up

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

1984 is coming a bit late.

new topics

top topics

join