It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your opinion of this website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Gday. I stumbled across this website (www.ufocasebook.com...) and was wondering what peoples opinions about the claimed ufo encounters reported on this site? Any clue as to whether they are real or fake? My favourite has to be this one:

Flatwoods (West Virginia). A group of young sunset people saw a "meteor" land on top of a hill and went to the site with Kathleen Hill and three men. They observed a globe as large as a house making a throb-bing or hissing sound and a huge figure with glowing orange eyes nearby. About 4 m tall, the figure had a red face and "floated" toward the witnesses, who fled in terror. A lingering smell and skid marks were found.

Terrorized people, a lingering smell and skid marks?

17 Apr. 14, 1897
Cleveland (Ohio).

Joseph Singler, captain of the "Sea Wing," was fishing with S. H. Davis, of Detroit, when they saw on the lake what they thought was a ship, about 13 m long, with a canopy. A man, about 25 years old, wearing a hunting jacket and a cap, was fishing from the deck of the object. Near him were a woman and a 10-year old child. When the "Sea Wing" came close to the craft, a large, colored balloon rose from the object, which flew up with it to an altitude of about 150 m and circled "like a hawk" before flying away. (189)

This one seems to well.. stretch the imagination as well. You mean to say, a highly advanced species travelled thousands of light years to our planet, just to do a spot of fishing? They can build interstellar vehicles but still wear hunting caps & jackets & fish?
Wonder if it's name was Cletus

[edit on 13-9-2004 by LordGoofus]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I can't recall the second report you copy/pasted, but the first is a fairly famous incident more commonly referred to as "The Flatwoods Monster". Many believe, as I sort of do, that the creature in question was some type of robot rather than an actual ET. Could have been of ET construct though. I think its a legitimate story.

As for the website itself, its not making anything up on its own with regards to these UFO cases. Merely keeping a record of reports made. There is nothing to say of the quality of the site other than to say its a good thing that such records are online for people to view freely.

[edit on 13-9-2004 by heelstone]

new topics

join