It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antartica 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
What we will probably find is hot chemistry based life forms similar (but genetically different from) those that we've fund near deep sea ocean volcanic vents.

Don't forget that even if this life is from the Jurassic period, that still means 144 Million years with nothing but nutrients from volcanic upwellings and no light.

Unfortunately, we won't be finding any Plesiosaurus like in a Jules Verne odyssey.

>> The Russians are truly being morons here, and I hope they do their best to control the pressure. There is a REAL WORRY that the West and even the Eastern ice sheets can fall into the ocean due to ocean warming. The geo-thermal vents explain why only two degrees of warming have caused the Western ice sheet to vanish in the past.

The cycle of Antarctic ice sheets was discovered recently by ice cores.

>> I'm sure all the scientists are anxious to get these samples. I could imagine that the reason they are waiting to some future time, is that some agreement has been reached that NOBODY would be first, and in exchange, the Russians would get the group to pay for the hot water drilling equipment so nothing gets contaminated.

The Russians probably stopped, because other countries were ready to make their holes -- and they wouldn't be first to the discoveries. So now everyone waits until the last group can be outfitted with the best tech available.

>> Well that's MY GUESS on what is happening with the limited info at hand.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Funny. I was reading the UK article and noticed that the "official" discovery date is listed as 1996. I was down there (three visits) from 89-92 and it was know then that Vostok had an underwater lake, capped by a couple thousand feet of ice. It was talked about then that they were going to drill in to it and they were concerned about contaminating the water with the drill so they decided to wait until technology would allow the safe extraction of a sample. I don't believe they had started to drill, but they knew it was there.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josh342
INSIDER INFO

The LAKE could have PURE WATER under the ice meaning that if they BREAK THREW the ice it would send up H20 so Intense that the animals on earth would go in a state of shock .

This could be the Russians version of shock N aww

edit on 18-1-2012 by Josh342 because: (no reason given)

you make no sense at all

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nekomata111

Brand new account and look at his posts.. pretty sure he's a troll. "Google has a black box on its site today ? what are they hiding about 2012 ?

I know for a fact someone knows . Richard Hoagland knows a LOT about that date and I am going to study his work this afternoon with a cup of sweet tea and lots of videos ."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Who else thinks the US will invade these Arctic lands for not agreeing with their policies?

Obama : "The bacteria is not compliant, we must destroy it"

Man : Mr.President, you do realize that these are microbial life your talking about,
that can't perform a task other than keeping itself alive. It has no mouth, brain, etc.

*Obama throws man in jail for being terrorist under NDAA law*

----

But seriously, I really began to think about 2 years ago when NASA started announcing all these "groundbreaking" discoveries that it was going to be something as "groundbreaking" as
this. I felt as if they were hiding certain things from us, you know, spoon feeding the public.
Maybe this time (even though I thought NASA - a while back they knew about it) the Russians
won't go soft on us and will just tell us the truth.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
oh yeah that's where some of the alien bases are, I remember the story about the russian diver who saw aliens in metallic suits underwater or something like that.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

It was discovered in the early 70's by airborne radar, but it was not officially published until the 90s, when it was confirmed by satellite radar. Until then they didn't have concrete proof, without which nobody would be willing to drill through 4 miles of ice just to see.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
so planets have moon babies now?rofl

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My guess is that where they are finding this metallic signature, is likely the under-glacier exit that the water is evacuated by, whether in volume or slowly, and that upstream an iron deposit rests on the ground surface. And that the water over eons has leeched the iron deposits along that evacuation route to the ocean or lower cavities/lakes. It would be interesting if the ice were stripped bare and the entire continent were exposed. Not that I'd like to see the ice melted, rather it would be interesting to see what it is covering. And there we might find dinosaurs or ancient mammals or? Jimmy Hoffa....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
RUSSIA may be sending a statement to the west .

If united states goes to war anymore they will drill in the ICE..

Also the ICE is the ONLY FRESH H20 LEFT

and they want to stick some metal in the ice to make it toxic
edit on 18-1-2012 by Josh342 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

I think...

...if they are publicly talking about breaching it, they have already breached it.
...and if they truly made whatever the large metallic object is Top Secret...they already have a good idea of what it is...

...and if it is something important enough, in an inaccessible, frozen landscape that they want to keep Top Secret...it will be easy to keep Top Secret until "we" "need to know."

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
they want to stick some metal in the ice to make it toxic

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
They have probably already drilled down to the lake. I would be afraid to expose that lake to our atmosphere (by drilling down to it) and killing off any microbial life that may exist. Just a thought...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
O noes! WWIII will start when the commies find the underground Nazi base, which they built with the help of alien technology.
On a serious note, and I was being serious...but seriously, there have been many ideas floating around on the forums as to what could be found not just in this region of the continent, but in other locations as well.

I think the other scientists for other countries want to get down there because they want some credit for what they assume will be found. They will probably find much, much more than they ever dreamed. There could be relict hominid remains on Antarctica for all we know. That would really throw them for a loop. I wonder if we would ever hear about it?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Of course Google Earth has the Lake Vostok Russian base brushed out as well. Gotta wonder. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
perchance the metal circle is the original terraforming machine that started life on this rock and some backward thinking politicos damages this......there goes EArths second chance should we foolish self destructive humans destroy all....maybe the initiative to end earthlings is the best chance the universe has lest our virus spreads to other planets.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Why couldnt there be life down there? I mean "real life" not just bacteria?

Picture this.....its 100,000 years ago or whenever it was that Antartica was ice free.

Around the lake Vostok area there is geothermal heat. As the global tempriture starts to change ice starts to buildup on the Antarctic land mass. The animals/creatures that live here congregate around the lake Vostok area to live off the warmth.

As the surrounding tempriture plumets and ice sheets approach Lake Vostok the heat melts the walls of the ice sheet maintaining a fresh water supply for the creatures.

Eventually the ice sheet, kilometres thick closes in above them trapping them inside this dome of warmth. The ice continues to cover and thicken over lake Vostok.

Whats the possibility of finding a genuine prehistoric creature still living in there be it on the land surrounding the lake or in the water itself.

The other thing to worry about is what prehistoric microbes would be released that we dont know about that is perfectly sealed in there that could become the ultimate biohazard to mankind!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
maybe it is not so much like a dinosaur...maybe it is more like oannes the fishheadgod..or dagon...or ??? come on let's wake it up i wanna live like i am in a videogame.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

great post OP! I always enjoy antartica threads. So little is spoken of about the cold frozen areas of the earth, it makes me that much more curious. In regards to fossils found there,.didnt I read somewhere that they found Mammoths there with fresh greens in thier bellies? Something about the earth going through a massive pole shift and they froze quite quickly?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSleepCreep

I have thoughts of Bigfoots lounging about on the white beaches underneath Antarctica with Lock Ness Mosters frolicking in the water carefree. But, you never know...

Maybe the bigfoots will be using all of the downed UFOs as surf boards in their secret paradise! Lol.

Fantastic avatar, by the way.

On a serious note, this is pretty interesting & I'm excited to see what they find.
edit on 18-1-2012 by klhbrown because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join