It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this of been an unintentional Astral Projection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
salut!

until today i always thought this was just a bad, although somewhat lucid dream, and never had any reason to believe it wasn't. i now think, with some adivce from an online friend that what i experienced might well of been AP. i've never looked into AP personally, and hadn't even heard of it until recently, but i'm hoping that i can start here, with some help off you guys.

as far as i can remember, i've experienced this two times, both in my mid-teans - i'm now 19 - with both time almost identical.

i'm presuming i had a normal sleeping pattern back then, and if i remember correctly when i woke up it was still early, so it probably occurred mid-sleep.

the first memory i have is of dreaming about looking at myself in a third person view, sensing no real emotion, and somehow not knowing i'm doing this... but just knowing it is me looking down. for some reason after this, it was almost as if i could sense something else. my friend told me this was me sensing my projection, but relating back to how it felt, it just didn't feel like that, it felt as if my projection was sensing something else.
this was quickly followed by an immense feeling of paranoia and fear, as if i could foresee 'something'. i don't remember many specifics, but i do remember the main occassions in this experience. once the fear had kicked in, it's almost like i was being held by something, and by now i could deffinately sense another presence in my bedroom. it felt as if it wanted to drag me away, whilst i was both trying to, and failing to get away, presumably back to my body.
i put this down to a dream, but what always confused me was that, after this event, when i apparently woke up (and switching back to my first person view), i couldn't move, and i could still feel this presence, but almost in an awake state of mind, although unable to move - such an unwanted feeling at the time, with myself desperately scanning my room in search of what i didn't see.
what i remember next, is somewhat of a warping sensation, as if my projected self finally connected again with my physical self, allowing me finally to wake up. through all of this, my body remained in the same position, from when i was watching myself, to when i eventually awoke.

i'm really not sure what happened, but perhaps a few of you might be able to relate to my experience.
if there is any truth in this, then i would love to persue AP, although my friend also told me that the extra presence i felt, could also of been a dead relative, or a spirit or entity, which in all honesty scares the hell out of me!

join