It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Idea what these Underground Entrances are in Hawaii?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Once again I was scanning the Earth on Google Earth when I stumbled upon these underground entrances. They look like a suburb of underground homes. Does anyone have any idea or information?

The vegetation around the plots of land may be as high as 20 feet. Very interesting nonetheless.

AAC

edit on 15-1-2012 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
they look like munition (bomb) storage like up in Hawthorne NV. Google Map Hawthorne NV and you will see similar.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

sorry I meant Hawthorne NV

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
They look like a slight variation of the ammunition/ordinance bunkers I've seen in rows around Nevada and the old Seal Beach Naval Depot in Southern California way back when. These even have the uniform separation for blast accidents, so it isn't a string of firecrackers if one goes. Thats my vote. Ordinance bunkers.

Nice catch!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Wow.
Nice resolution

Do you have the commercial version of G.E.?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Those are without a doubt Ammo bunekers, I spent a lot of time around some others in hawaii located in the West lock of Pearl harbor while loading and unloading ordinance.

Check out: 21°20'56.22"N 157°59'28.87"W

The above is cords to West lock Ammo depot They have nearly identical features as your OP.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

It is the version that came with Ipad2. I myself was impressed with the quality. Some places I can see the tops of people's heads. So cool to scan over my childhood stomping grounds.

Thanks for the info on underground ammunition bunkers. Makes sense.

AAC

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yeah....I'm impressed with that clarity too!
Then again...there's so much volcanic activity in Hawaii there are probably thousands of "cave-like" entrances to the underground. Though this particular area does seem to be very well manicured and part of some intentional project.

Underground munition bunkers make sense especially since there probably are so many areas like this. This one was just prolly made to look a little nicer.

edit on 16-1-2012 by webpirate because: additional thoughts

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Interesting. Underground bunkers?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
im suprised no ones said this already so i will...

Dharma Stations

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I get the same clarity on my iMac.

Cool pics

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think it's important to understand that, there are many military bases all around the globe. And they are ONLY military bases. If someone could tell us something more about this, it could be helpful. I mean, have anyone heard of this "base" before, did something strange happened around this "base"...?
edit on 16-1-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Google Earth needs to be supplemented by examining maps of the area. Most of the time there is information of the topo maps. Here is a link to the topo map:
www.acme.com...,-158.12214&z=15&t=T
It shows it as a Naval reservation.

If you turn on the Google Earth Community, you will see there is a thread there indicating this area is the Lualualei Naval Station. Now the Google Earth Community is full of errors, nearly as bad as the stuff you find on youtube, so you can't trust what you read there, but it is a start. Doing a search on that term leads to a link that is more trustworthy than the Google Earth Community.
www.globalsecurity.org...

Explosives are commonly stored this way, but they age whiskey in a similar manner. OK, not underground usually, but they put some space between the storage facility so as to not create a chain reaction.

Also some of these old bunkers get repurposed for document storage. For example, the state of Nevada stores documents at
38° 4'15.17"N 117° 5'5.82"W
That is, the civilian planes at the Tonopah airport don't leave hot. ;-)

By law, none of the satellite imagery firms in the US can't sell better than half meter resolution. Now perhaps that is a general purpose limit and you can get exceptions to this law. I know that you can get 23cm resolution as I saw it at an expo in the Digtalglobe booth.

Google Earth and BIng have bought some aerial photography and put it up with the satellite imagery. This Hawaii imagery looks good enough to be from a plane.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yep - munitions bunkers. Very common. Nothing unusual or sinister about them whatsoever.

Every military branch of most developed (and some undeveloped!!) countries have them.

NEXT!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I was going to say it's probably Weapons Station Luiluilei. Been there quite a few times. Weapons Station Indian Island, near Port Hadlock Wa has bunkers all thru the forest there as well. Weapons Station Fallbrook, Ca has them as well. Just look for any weapons station, you'll see them.

new topics

top topics

join