It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Think There Is A Galactic Council Of Species Or Something Similar?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Obviously I dont know if there actually is but I really hope there is. We now know that there are probably many planets that support life and many of these may be millions if not billions of years ahead of us. I am sure many other species may have faced the problems we do today, some making it and other species not.

Even if human life destroys itself I would imagine life will probably start again on Earth eventually re-evolving over millions of years again to give birth to new species.

In addition, if there is a galactic council of sorts do you think they have none interference laws or do you think they would protect other planetary species? What I am getting at is this, would they intervene to protect other species on this planet from us?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Probably somewhere in the universe.

But I don't but any of the pleadians vs reptillians stuff. Those species only exist in our imagination. Cool sounding names though.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Obviously I dont know if there actually is but I really hope there is. We now know that there are probably many planets that support life and many of these may be millions if not billions of years ahead of us. I am sure many other species may have faced the problems we do today, some making it and other species not.

Even if human life destroys itself I would imagine life will probably start again on Earth eventually re-evolving over millions of years again to give birth to new species.

In addition, if there is a galactic council of sorts do you think they have none interference laws or do you think they would protect other planetary species? What I am getting at is this, would they intervene to protect other species on this planet from us?

Firstly: Re Human kind destroying themselves: No link in the chain is essential but loss of a link is problematic in that it delays things while the break is repaired/bypassed.

Secondly: We have been watched over since the beginning. This universe is anthropocentric. This time is "our turn". Let's not blow it.

edit on 15/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I don't think that there exists a galactic council. If there is any advanced species out there, they don't practice something as stupid as politics.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I would have to say this is too mind blowing for me to answer... To think that there are multiple advanced species out there working together seems a bit far fetched for me... But alas I know nothing of the secrets of the universe... So it COULD be possible... It could also be possible that they're all at war with eachother as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Maybe we could just have any one of the several die-hard "alien" believers here at the forums just track one of the "aliens" down and simply ask the "alien" these questions, yes?

I mean, you can come on these forums at any time and read posts from folks who somehow know EVERYTHING about them as well as EVERY single outer-galactic species, along with the color of their hair and eyes, as well as what they eat and what they think and what they want and all the other WILD (INSANE) off-the-wall speculations, that they MUST have at least SPOKEN directly to at LEAST ONE of these "aliens" at one time or another.

Seriously, right?
edit on 15-1-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yes - - actually I do. Like Star Trek - - a Federation of Planets.

To me its very probable and logical.

I think the universe is very political. A real struggle of power and control. You just can't get away from politics.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I would say that if space traveling aliens exist,there is most likley a governing council.
First off, if they have been around long enough to develope the ability to travel vast distances through space, they are smart enough to know that there will always be evil when there is good.

Regardless of there age and wisdom...the Malevolents will not be able to say they were unaware.
SnF for presnting a thought provoking question

edit on 15-1-2012 by HumanoidX because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2012 by HumanoidX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There have been reports of an Andromedan Council and a Galactic Federation. Apparently they are working together according to the Andromedacouncil.com website.

If either of these theories are false, then I still do believe in a confederation of planets. It's a logical thing to do, working together is much better than working apart.

If us, "humans", can figure that out with little intelligence then a far more advanced alien species could figure it out just as easy.

Just my thoughts

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

I have a theory/hypothesis - whatever.

I believe the "War in Heaven" was a real war between power rulers over control of earth. I think a Galactic ruling council finally said - - both of you submit your best plan for Earth. I think one plan was Free Will and the other was Control.

I believe humans are both transplanted and created. I believe there are those of "off planet" races living amongst us - - still in connection with their own civilization - - whether for science or just visiting - - as we do to other countries.

I believe there are many varieties of off-planet beings. Some benevolent - some malevolent - - some who could care less.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The one thing I question: Was there a timeline for the accepted plan. Something like by the year 2012 our planet/humans needed to be controlled enough to join the Galactic Universe - - Federation of Planets. But - we are still warring - jealous - materialistic - racist beings.

Is there a timeline - that if the first plan of Free Will didn't work - - the second plan of control would be implemented?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Yes - - actually I do. Like Star Trek - - a Federation of Planets.

To me its very probable and logical.

I think the universe is very political. A real struggle of power and control. You just can't get away from politics.

I agree. Very logical that there are politics of the universe, and a supreme council to govern it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

no , no ,possibly , no
edit on 15-1-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Haa Baby Fark McGee-zax

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It makes perfect sense that civilized species capable to colonize planets and even transform planets, would have created a council or a federation to keep peace in the galaxy or in the determined sector. Not having an organized federation would result in easy extermination of primitive species like humans for natural resources and colonization. Non-interference on primitive species like humans make sense too. Not touching those, is just a problem less. So "stay away from primitive species". Only allowed to watch and monitor. The technology/DNA trade on earth could very well be an illegal black market of DNA or even human trafficking for multiple purposes.

Some day we will be able to travel far from earth to other earth-like planets and we WILL establish contact with other civilizations. By mathematical probabilities we ARE NOT the only intelligent species here. By mathematical probabilities there are others way beyond advanced ahead of us.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
do YOU know how many variables would have to be included into such a possibility?

like, how many stars in that particular galaxy host life,

- how many of them are intelligent, in relation to how closely they were able to evolve

- that they were able to find each other in their respective star system

- that they didn't war with each other on their first contact

- that they were able to communicate, and work together, sharing their respective natural technologies

I do think there is or at least there were different types of galactic councils, alliances, empires and they probably do/did fight for resources/control. but I would think it all happened 2 billion years ago or it's in the process right now 150 billion light years away

AND IF THEY ARE IN OUR GALAXY, well it would explain the amount of UFO sightings, and it would give a purpose to them as they would be potential scout ships searching for more intelligences.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I would say that if planets (and there races) were interacting with one and other, then there would defiantly be a galactic council to deal with economy and law if nothing else.

Would they Protect lesser race? I'm sure some would and some wouldn't. If we base our assumptions on humanity, I would say no they wouldn't protect us. Look what we do to 3rd world (lesser) countries, the same situation could be applied to 'aliens'.

Interesting thread.

ALS

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Would they Protect lesser race? I'm sure some would and some wouldn't. If we base our assumptions on humanity, I would say no they wouldn't protect us. Look what we do to 3rd world (lesser) countries, the same situation could be applied to 'aliens'.

I use the Rain Forest as an example.

Some want to protect it - some want to rape it - some want to protect the cultures - some want to exploit it. etc etc etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Nope.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am sure that given the great vastness of this universe (and the possible unimaginable number of other universes) that there are lots of examples at any given time of multi-planet associations. There may even be one or more in our own galaxy.

Now, anyone who comes on here and tells you that there is a galactic council or some crap like that for real here on earth is a gullible, ignorant moron and you should immediately run as far away from them as possible. Those type of folks are the reason the rest of us get laughed at.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Exactly.

Each race would likely have different views on the notion of protection. In fact I would imagine they would have many, many different view on many, many subjects.

Just like the UN I guess. I wonder where racism would stand in a galactic society. I mean it's bad enough here on Earth, can you imagine what it would be like to interact with someone who not a different colour but a completely different species.

Strange but cool.

ALs

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join