It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pendulums, and how they are used

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hello members of ATS. I wish to talk to you about pendulums. Though some of you know and use them, I wish to talk about them and after this could you talk about your expierences with them.
Pendulums are tools used in dowsing. The pendulum can be made of metal or crystal, and is merely a crystal or metal item that is suspended with a chain. The fundamental idea of how pendulums work is that they move in a certain direction to indicate a certain meaning. An example of this is the use of dowsing for water. The dowser would keep the chain, and when it moved, that would tell the person where the water was. This has led to many theories of how this idea works, but the theory of the pendulum is that is reacts to changing energy fields. These energy fields surround items, and can be used to detect them. Parapsychologists have a term for the use of such means in medicine as radionics.
Radionics is the branch of medicine and parapsychology in which it is believed that all objects have energy fields around them, and through dowsing and crystals, it is believed that a person can alter these energy fields for identifying or curing sickness. This technique often involves the person using a crystal pendulum, because it is believed that crystals have a higher reactivity to the energy fields than other materials.
Crystals are the results of ionic chemical compounds. They are powerful conductors of electricity, and as such are used in many devices, such as watches and older computers. This reason is why they are used for pendulums. They react to the radiated energy fields of the item or person, more commonly known as an aura, and have been shown to be used in radionics to find sources of disease. This is due to the belief of how sickness will cause the aura field in a person to change at a specific point, such as in the arm if they are injured. This increase or decrease in the energy field of a point is the fundamental belief behind pendulums.
This question is now addressed to you, members of ATS. Who here has used pendulums before, and if so, what do you have to say about them. Do you have a preference of metal or crystal, what do you use them for? Please tell.
I personally use a metal pendulum for dowsing the energy fields around me. I do this by having the pendulum as a necklace, and it reacts to the energy fields. I do take it off when I wish to use it differently, but normally I use it to get a better understanding of my surroundings.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by locololo

Pendulums are used in clock mechanisms.

Because of their mass and the fact that their length to the fulcrum can easily be altered, the period of the pendulum's swing can be accurately controlled.

This provides a stable, regularly timed oscillation for operating a mechanical timepiece.

In Chronometer style timepieces, the oscillatory swing is replaced by a rotational oscillation which is less likely to be disrupted by movement.

From Wikipedia
edit on 15/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am a level II Reiki practitioner and use a Citrine crystal pendulum to measure energy fields, specifically the various chakras and subchakras on the body. A healthy chakra will have a clockwise spin of about 2 inches in diameter, the larger the diameter the healthier the energy flow into the body. An elliptical clockwise spin is still taking in energy albeit inefficiently. If the pendulum flatlines (horizontally, veritically or diagonally) it indicates extremely weak energy inflow and a mostly blocked chakra indicative of imbalance and illness. If the chakra spins backwards, the person is losing energy, a very unhealthy situation. If the pendulum doesn't move over a chakra, the chakra is completely closed/shut down - not a good sign. With a Reiki session, the energy flows can be corrected and rebalanced.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boeserwolf
I am a level II Reiki practitioner and use a Citrine crystal pendulum to measure energy fields, specifically the various chakras and subchakras on the body. A healthy chakra will have a clockwise spin of about 2 inches in diameter, the larger the diameter the healthier the energy flow into the body. An elliptical clockwise spin is still taking in energy albeit inefficiently. If the pendulum flatlines (horizontally, veritically or diagonally) it indicates extremely weak energy inflow and a mostly blocked chakra indicative of imbalance and illness. If the chakra spins backwards, the person is losing energy, a very unhealthy situation. If the pendulum doesn't move over a chakra, the chakra is completely closed/shut down - not a good sign. With a Reiki session, the energy flows can be corrected and rebalanced.

How do you know that the pendulum is actually measuring energy fields?

Perhaps it is measuring suggestibility and minute hand movements?

You know, a BS detector.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by locololo

what force does it take to pertube a pendulum & how does the pendulum know what pertubed it ?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

how do you know that the pendulum isn't his subconscious? Maybe he can do it without the pendulum, but the pendulum is a medium for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by locololo

how do you know that the pendulum isn't his subconscious? Maybe he can do it without the pendulum, but the pendulum is a medium for it.

That is actually what I am implying.

But it doesn't necessarily follow that your subconscious has knowledge that your conscious doesn't.

We DO know that our subconscious is very imaginative and can "make up" stuff that our conscious mind filters out because it is nonsense.

I suppose it just depends upon how active your consciousness actually is.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
this issue requires a double blind scientific experiment

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I know you were implying something with a similar meaning, I was just rephrasing. I do agree wit hyou to an extent, but I believe that an experiment would be required.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If you view the body as a computer than pendulums and dowsing are the screens, just a way of getting information to you.
Pendulums and dowsing are basically the tiny imperceptible movements of your arm BUT it is just a way of learning about your surroundings and getting the answers you need.

In fact Tarot and runes use the same mechanism; the right hand side of your brain/computer.

If you can learn to be a bit more sensitive, you will not need these pendulums or Tarot, you'll just KNOW.

Start to use your imagination and visual pictures, these are much more powerful.
Peace.

PS I once visited the Church of All Saints (with the WIlliam Button mystery plaque) And I could feel an energy line. It wasn't a leyline.
Due to synchronicity I bought a book called The Wessex Astrum.It turned out I had felt the line of one of the Star of David man-made energy lines of The Wessex Astrum. So when you became more sensitive you will just KNOW.

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

I can normally feel the energy fields, but it's not as refined yet. That is why i'm using the pendulum, that way i can refine my abilities

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by boeserwolf

How do you know that the pendulum is actually measuring energy fields?

Perhaps it is measuring suggestibility and minute hand movements?

You know, a BS detector.

You're both right and wrong. As with most things, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. For example, you can tell the pendulum works when the result is something objectively verifiable that you couldn't know otherwise. I used to predict the gender of a baby with the pendulum for fun in my circle of friends and family... without fail. I could even tell how many children someone had and what their genders were. Once I did it for an aunt who had two kids but came up with three. She said she had a miscarriage early in her life, but that hardly anyone knew about it.

On the other hand, I strongly advise not to use the pendulum for your own, personal divination. In my experience, divination with it only works well if you're not emotionally involved in the question, because the answer will be either wishful thinking or the opposite, but it's rarely correct. So if you're completely indifferent to the outcome, it'll work fine -- if you're not, don't even try. For example, a friend of mine had a colonoscopy and while she was waiting for the results, asked the pendulum whether or not she had colon cancer. Of course the damn thing said yes, fed by her own fears. I told her not to believe anything she got from the pendulum and just quit using it for personal questions.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I use to use pendulums to see which way chakras were spinning.Now I just use my middle finger on my right hand to feel which way it spins.I feel it on the tip of my finger. You can read the 7 main chakras on the hand and the middle finger corresponds to the solar plexus chakra where you do alot of your feeling.The pendulum makes that conection to your subconscious

top topics

join