It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous joins battle after Iranian scientist's death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Found this to be an interesting read. I was not sure were to put this so if its in the wrong place please move mods.

An online skirmish between pro- and anti-Israeli hackers has escalated following the death of Mostafa Ahmadi-Roshan, the Iranian nuclear scientist who was killed yesterday in a car explosion.

Saudi Arabian hackers called Group-XP published what it claimed were the credit card details of 400,000 Israelis, though the Bank of Israel says only 15,000 people were affected.

So we got Saudi hackers taking action!

next targets include military contractors and Israeli supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems - the industrial control software previously targeted by the Stuxnet worm.

So the Saudi hacker group claim they can attack SCADA systems like when the stuxnet worm was used in Iran and want to use it against the Israelis.

I thought it was common knowledge that stuxnet was American / Israeli made so were are this Group-XP getting these sort of virus? Perhaps they are easier to be made than it would seem.

Now, Anonymous has weighed in. Yesterday former LulzSec leader and outspoken Anonymous member Sabu called for hackers to attack Israel in revenge for the death of Ahmadi-Roshan. He later retweeted a message from another Anonymous Twitter account dubbed FuryOfAnon with what he claimed were the internet protocol (IP) addresses and login information for Israeli SCADA systems.

And know we have anonymous getting involved, I personally believe anonymous are small fish compared to Government Sponsored hacking units.

But report on hacking groups like Group-XP and the masses and not going to listen as much as if you through the name Anonymous into the mix.

Source

There is a lot of dirty tricks happening at the moment, I imagine both Government sponsored hacking and rebellious hacking.

I wonder if all this cyber war stuff is just part of the coming heavy censorship of the internet, SOPA, PIPA.

edit on 15-1-2012 by RandalFlagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Isnt your post title misleading? LulzSec leader Sabu and Group X represents Anonymous?

Laughable.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Using the stuxnet worm for their own advantage wouldn't be that hard.
considering a hacker wrote said worm,
Logic says other hackers can back-engineer it for their own means.

And Sabu was doing a call to arms to anyone who wants to join, probably not all of the anonymous collective.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well if the US and Israel want to test out Iran's nuclear security it only seams fair that the US and Israel has its systems tested too. Stuxnet has been a big one in this area over the years.
edit on 15-1-2012 by kwakakev because: spelling 'one'

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

"And know we have anonymous getting involved, I personally believe anonymous are small fish compared to Government Sponsored hacking units."

There is no doubt the Government has bought the best of the best for their own use.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Sorry if you find the title misleading I was simply using the title of the original article I linked.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK

"And know we have anonymous getting involved, I personally believe anonymous are small fish compared to Government Sponsored hacking units."

There is no doubt the Government has bought the best of the best for their own use.

What you fail to realize is that at the top of the hacking pyramid, everyone knows everyone.

Even if the government were paying the top people, those same people would be the ones they are trying to fight.

There isn't some ITT Tech class for this stuff, and we aren't talking about DDoS attacks or SQL injections here... We are talking about coding a worm from scratch.

There aren't many people on the planet with the know-how to get that done. Buying a hacker is like buying the mobs protection...

You can never really tell when they are really on your side.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
There aren't many people on the planet with the know-how to get that done. Buying a hacker is like buying the mobs protection...

What, you mean the knowledge to write a worm virus? Nah not many, only a million or so.
Writing a worm is not such a big feat.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

What, you mean the knowledge to write a worm virus? Nah not many, only a million or so.
Writing a worm is not such a big feat.

There are only 7 billion people on the entire planet...

Even if every person on Earth had a computer and access to the Internet, that would still mean 1 out of every 7000 people could write one according to you.

ARE YOU RETARDED?

Stop pulling numbers out of your arse.

It's people like you that make me sad to read a reply sometimes...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
OFCOURSE it's not supposed to be an accurate assessment! The point was that writing a worm isn't such a big deal.

It's people like you who can't even understand the point of what they read that made this place as lousy as it is nowdays.
edit on 15-1-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I believe that one thing the hackers are over-looking. If and when Israel or Iran could identify the hackers...said hackers will probably have a serious accident, or just out and out be assassinated.

If the U.S. caught them, they'd probably be hired to work for the Gov't.
edit on 15-1-2012 by TDawgRex because: Crap! My food's burning!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I believe that one thing the hackers are over-looking. If and when Isreal or Iran could idenitfy the hackers...said hackers will probably have a serious accident, or just out and out be ***ainated.

***ainated sounds worse than death!
f
edit on 15-1-2012 by fakedirt because: s

edit function and timing; what a wonderful tool bestowed upon us by the hierachy.
edit on 15-1-2012 by fakedirt because: nice day mode

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I believe that one thing the hackers are over-looking. If and when Isreal or Iran could idenitfy the hackers...said hackers will probably have a serious accident, or just out and out be assainated.

assainated sounds worse than death!
f
edit on 15-1-2012 by fakedirt because: s

Fixed, Grammer Nazi

But I am to a small degree myself.

Back on topic though, I still amazes me that there are hackivists in Saudi Arabia. I don't know why, but it does.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK

the best of the best are independent who troll a hell of alot and sound intelligent at times and tremendously stupid at times, you simply cant finger them let alone profile them, i guess its why they like trolling the virtual planet.

join