It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monitoring Social Networking Sites - Paranoia and Blindness at the Top - Title 18, Section 242 of US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

This thread is for all those reading it. In a marketplace of ideas, this is the point. Dare to speak your mind and add to the discussion. We are free to do this. Your children are free to do this. What has history taught us in this marketplace of ideas? I wrote the following few paragraphs shortly after the events of 911.
www.edarticle.com...

In November of 1919, five defendants were convicted of violating the Espionage Act of 1917. As America was in the thick of a military campaign with Germany, these five men dropped anti-war leaflets out the window of a building in New York. They were charged with disseminating words and ideas that were considered unlawful to write, speak or otherwise publish. They quickly received a twenty-year prison sentence.

In a later ruling by the Supreme Court, the sentence was upheld by a 7-2 vote. One of the two dissenting votes came from Oliver Wendell Holmes. Holmes noted the following in his decision:

Make no mistake. As Americans, we are united under the truth of freedom. Read all you want, but realize that the pen cannot be stopped. Freedom of expression in the marketplace of ideas is not something that can be held back unless willing hands are available. No American will be willing. Truth will rise. Tyranny will pass like a vapor. Not by strength, and not by might. The spirit of truth will reign supreme.

I would encourage all on this forum to read Title 18, Section 242 of US Code. As long as this part of US Code stands, all those who tread on your rights are subject to the penalties granted by the intent of the law and the rights granted under the Constitution. Embrace truth.

This is worth memorizing:

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation,
or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory,
Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any
rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the
Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different
punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being
an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed
for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or
imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury
results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if
such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a
dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this
title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death
results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if
such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated
sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or
an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned
for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to
death.

edit on Sat Jan 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: 15c.) Intellectual Property: You will not Post any copyrighted material owned by others, material belonging to another person, material previously Posted by you on another website, or link to any copyrighted material without providing proper attribution... Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Dear SuperiorEd,

I agree with you that the Government is infiltrating websites and is trying to influence our perception of events. I also believe that the pace of this infiltration has picked up recently with the election of "The Technology President," and the events of the Arab Spring. Yes it frightens me and it means that our citizens have to be more perceptive and serious in finding truth. And they have to do it when many of us are illiterate or apathetic, or ignorant.

And you know that I respect you and your work. But you should also know that I am Mr. Confused and always have questions. This time it's about your Title 18 citation. Let me edit it to show you how I am interpreting it and why I am confused;

Whoever subjects any person to the deprivation of
rights protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States,
or to different punishments, on account of such person being
an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed
for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined (or have other bad things done to them)

The way I read the statute is that you can't be mean to aliens or people of another color or race just because of the race, color, or alien status.

IF I'm reading it right, what does this statute do for us?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The way I read the statute is that you can't be mean to aliens or people of another color or race just because of the race, color, or alien status.

IF I'm reading it right, what does this statute do for us?

Deprivation of rights under colors of the law is unequal treatment of individuals according to their rights under the constitution. This is the part you are asking about. The other part concerns the individual acing under the colors of law enforcement. The constitution recognizes rights that are basic to all humans. Those rights cannot be deprived. No law can be passed to subvert the constitution or those acting under the colors of the law are in violation of Title 18 if they follow the new laws being passed. US Code is clearly being violated for ALL Americans with the unPatriot Act and the recent passing of the NDAA law. It is an open violation of our rights and puts those acting under colors of the law in jeopardy of violating US Code.

edit on 14-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

join