It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anunnaki or Atlantis?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Howdy Stars

Hans: I honesty have no idea what you are talking about, or what your point is.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hans thats how I shortened your name, you didnt like my nickname awww. Fine Hanslune! I wrote that fast yesterday, with a toothache so sorry.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

We look forward to your next edition of your areopagitic comments

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Greetings Hanslune

I was asking you, what was your opinion on all the oral history and traditions that are represented by some of the worlds leading contributors to the modern life and they didnt have contact(India to Hopi to sumerian) . Are these people suffering from some mental disorder, or do we as researchers lack the logic and reason to put these pieces together. Since you deny that it occured because the lack of scientific evidence what is your take on situation?
Thats all I was tryin to say.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Howdy Stars

Sorry I didn't get your meaning earlier.

I believe myths are a mixture of stories based on original facts, stories made up to explain things which the teller doesn't understand and just stories to entertain. I suspect there was once a real person named Hercules whose name later gather a great deal of stories around him.

For any story look for other evidence to support or refute. Case by case and apply a great deal of salt.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I guess...
You can agree with the 'myth' of hercules? A greek myth is okay, but not a whole bunch of civilizations with accounts some of them in written form? Your a hard man.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Ah but that pesky thing called geological science disproved a global flood over 150 years ago. Rhetoric doesn't over turn fact.

True, there was no particular global flood as described in the Bible, and earlier in the Epic of Gilgamesh. However, quite a few recent studies seem to point to a rapid shift in global climate at the time of the Younger Dryas, which happened very close to the time Plato says Atlantis disappeared. The climate shift didn't cause global flooding, but may have contributed to a number of diverse natural catastrophes. Several researchers also seem to think it may have been caused by a comet or asteroid strike, which might have caused all kinds of earthquakes, tsunamis, eruptions and so on. Hard for any early prehistorical civilization to have survived.

Maybe we'll get better evidence in the future, as underwater archeology and genetic anthropology get a little better. Or we won't.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I'm afraid Hancock is very out of touch here. Science proves there was NOT a global flood.

Byrd, whilst I respect your a person with much experience, it is frustrating to see you oh so often shooting people down with supposed "facts". It does make one wonder if your as learned as you say you are.

Science does in fact ackowledge a global "flood". At the end of the last Ice Age, global sea levels rose dramatically.

Why are there villages submerged under the Black Sea and what about said Sea's formation?
The same could be said of the Med.
What of the submerged settlements in the North Sea, or off Japan? Or even off the coast of India?

I won't provide links as these things are all in fact quite well documented and known, even by the lay person.

At the end of the last Ice Age, sea levels rose by hundreds of feet. Glacial melt water caused huge flooding on land, such as the Black Sea. Settlements have been discovered submerged in the Black Sea, the North Sea and around the world.

For someone who say's they have multiple PHd's, you really should know this.

EDIT: Just to prove a point, here is a map of landmass before the end of the last ice Age. The red bits are the the pre-flood landmasses:

The North sea area has been named Doggerland where the Rhine and Thames where tributaries of a larger river which flowed towards the Atlantic through what would be known as the English Channel.

[edit on 6/9/08 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Howdy stumason

A rising of sea water levels is not considered the global flood. In the context of this discussion the term refers to the Biblical flood.

The rise of sea water occurred, a world wide drowning of the planet by caused by a god did not

I guess...
You can agree with the 'myth' of hercules? A greek myth is okay, but not a whole bunch of civilizations with accounts some of them in written form? Your a hard man.

I used Hercules as an example. I addressed all the other myths in my other comments; which I'll recap, take them one at time, remember the context of the civilization in which they come and look for collaborative evidence. Also take some salt with you.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Howdy stumason

A rising of sea water levels is not considered the global flood. In the context of this discussion the term refers to the Biblical flood.

The rise of sea water occurred, a world wide drowning of the planet by caused by a god did not

Who mentioned God? I certainly didn't.

As it happens, the flooding and rising sea levels of the last Ice Age are widely believed to be the source of all the worlds flood Myths, of which almost every culture has, the Bible being just one of those Myths.

So my point stands.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Howdy stumason

Who mentioned God? I certainly didn't.

As it happens, the flooding and rising sea levels of the last Ice Age are widely believed to be the source of all the worlds flood Myths, of which almost every culture has, the Bible being just one of those Myths.

So my point stands.

"Widely believed" by you perhaps.

Most so-called flood myths come from various floods that occurred (and continue to occur) in local areas.

Gilgamesh's flood was, in this scenario, a major flood of the Tigris/Euphrates. It is a "flood" plain there, after all, right?

Every culture needs a source of fresh water. So, it's not beyond belief that most cultures establish themselves either near a sizeable river or lake. Rivers are notorious for floods, even ones with levees. Lakes, of course, overflow when the rivers that feed them flood.

If worldwide cultures didn't (mostly) have similar flood myths, now that would be mysterious.

Harte

<< 1  2   >>

join