It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REVISITED: Escaping from Mt St. Helens eruption - Dave Crockett 1980 up-close video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
"at this moment, I honest-to-God think I'm dead..."

Chilling video from a man who "just had a feeling to go" visit Mount St. Helens the night before it erupted. This is up close video of the eruption as well as his amazing commentary, what he's feeling, going through... the pure darkness of being surrounded by ash, burning his lungs.

"When I finally realized I had made it and I was gonna live, I just started laughing and screaming out loud - yelling at the Moon!"

I saw this live on the news as a kid... made a big impression!
edit on 13-1-2012 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

What an amazing event to have been part of and lived through. Something like that would change you so fundamentally. I do and don't envy his experience.

Peace

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I remember that film, too. Some of my colleagues heard the blast. We were about 150 miles away to the Northwest. None of the ash came our way, but it totally covered the east side of the state. There are still huge piles of ash alongside Interstate 5.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wow...amazing video. Even more amazing he made it through it. That's probably still one of the best video's of an actual explosive type eruption there has been.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I love hearing personal stories about things like this.

A brother-in-law of mine went camping there one week before it blew... the section where they camped was actually turned to ash, blown away. Lucky choice of dates there!

new topics

top topics

join