It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of joblessness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm sick of not having a job. I'm tired of applying around everywhere and not being able to get anything. I'm applying to jobs that want a year of experience when I have almost five, and I'm still not getting any feedback at all.

This is crap. You can't get lower than McDonald's and Burger King. I can't get a reply from fast food. FAST FOOD. All these numbers they keep coming out with are pure garbage. And what makes me the most angry is that this junk is happening every single day to tons more people; I'm not the only one by a long shot.

If I'm such crap that I'm not worth hiring at a fastfood restaurant, then maybe I should act like I'm not. That's my solution is this. If I'm nothing but trash, then by God, I'm going to find the best way to ACT like it. And so should every single person that's been kicked around and been sold out while these companies make billions of dollars and have record profits on our backs.

This system in the U.S. is pure b.s. If I'm worth so little, then I'm going to start acting like it, and so should every single other person in the situation that I'm in.
edit on 12-1-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
S & F for you, I feel much the same.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Try talking to family and friends, maybe they can set you up with something. If not, make new friends. A lot of the time getting a job is'nt about what you know, it's who you know.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Please keep you head up, and your morale up. A friend of mine insisted on wearing business suits, even to the unemployment office and VA. He kept up his eight hour work schedule a day, got a resume. He did eventually get a job. It took him a year, but he's aces at AutoCad, and finally got a good job.
He has a house now.
Please don't give up. Don't become what they want you to become.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I know what you're going through sucks, but lowering yourself and behaving like trash is not the way to go.

Our current job market is worse than during the great depression. If I were you, I wouldn't be insulted that you weren't hired at those fast food salmonella factories. They don't want intelligent workers, they want workers at or below average intelligence, because those workers are more likely to put up with abuse and not know which agency to contact if they are abused on the job.

Have you tried absolutely everything? Temporary agencies, walking into every single business in your area with a resume and handing it to them in person? Perhaps you may need to consider relocating. If not, you just have to keep plugging away. I've been there as a single mom. I have a 4 year degree and all I could get was some horrible, abusive job where the average worker had a 10th grade education. You may have to widen your job search to include, well....anything.

In the mean time, I would boycott those corporate places like Bugger King and McDummies.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
OP, I feel your angst; I really do.
But you can't let yourself "act" like trash too; remaining a 'non-trash' human, during such uncertain times, speaks louder than words ever can.

If you are a decent person, then you owe it to yourself to remain that way.
Keep up the fight, you'll find something; I'm sure of it!

-bojimbo

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
They'd like nothing better than introduce you to the "corrections" system... Don't give 'em the opportunity.
(its the one thing"they" are good at.)Keep your chin up..find a local need and fill it..
Good luck..

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I have seen many do "it" for a good job.
You say but what is "it".
Lie, gol dernit!!
Have you ever considered lying on your application??
If they fire you so what, your jobless again.
Lie for pete's sake, tell em you only got 6 months experience but are a fast learner.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
There's no need to lower yourself out of anger. There's enough blinkered halfwits around that will assume you are scum regardless.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I know your pain well my friend have been out of work for so long I finally gave up looking for it. In my neck of the woods they want not only young people but they expect you to be bi-lingual too! I don't know about you, I have one good friend who helps me out am too old for most things but not old enough for even a senior bus pass don't have a network of friends and no family to set me up with anything. I tried lying to on the application but that didn't help either, have poor credit.
They were reprehensible in manipulating the unemployment figures so these people who only watch mainstream media think everythings o.k. when it's not. They'll probably regret spending all that money for Christmas before the years out. Oh well someone once said a fool and his money or soon parted, he was right.
Hang in there maybe there's still hope for you (fast food isn't what its cracked up to be I worked at Wendy's once was lucky to get 3 hours a day manager was nice though and gave me free lunch) Don't let these corporations get you down. My situation is different, it's partly my fault for this. Good luck and hope you find something soon.
My grandmother had a saying it helps somewhat no matter how bad off you think you are, there's always someone worse off then you and you're hearing from that person.

top topics

join