It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am just a Carbon Emission [YWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I am just a Carbon Emission. All I have to show for my life is pollution.

I yearn to be something other than this but this is what I am and I must accept it. I sit amongst the trees and reflect on the bane of my existence. The tree likes me and then I yearn to be the tree. The tree speaks to me and I am disappointed to discover, that I will still essentially be Carbon, if I become a tree. I feel depressed.

I am ranked sixth according to my Atomic weight in the Periodic Table of Elements. I yearn to be anything other than Carbon. Could I please be Hydrogen? Maybe Oxygen? Anything...please! Anything other than Carbon! Everybody hates Carbon!

Helium, the noble Helium does not react and calmly assures me that being Carbon is necessary and very important; without it, there would be no matter and therefore, no life and no hatred.

Without Carbon, the trees will die! And there would be no more Coca Cola, no more carbonated drinks! No more Scotch and Coke.

Instead of yearning to be another Element, I decided to enjoy my carbonated Cola with some mighty fine Scotch instead with a renewed understanding.

If I yearn to change who I am, then I fail to understand the intricate cycle of life. The workings of the Universes so it is best that I yearn to be what I am and embrace all that I am. I am the good and I am the bad.

edit on 12/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: grammar

edit on 12/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I am so inept at explaining deep and meaningful feelings.

Yearning. The word deflates me, so too the thought of it.

Maybe, I yearn for many things but I have given up and share on a surface level? Deep down, I yearn to change lots of things that upset me. Emotionally I am exhausted by the pollution, the global threat of war and the little kid who was killed in the washing machine; the missing children who are never found, the cruelty in the World, the greediness and corruption of people in powerful places, the exploitation of children, the poverty around the World, the sacrificing of children by people who think they will gain power or money, the dolphins being slaughtered by the Japanese, the destruction of the Amazon and on and on and on.

Yearing to me is a inner most desire, a default emotion. Well, perhaps my writing piece hides how I really feel and so I decide to just have a scotch and coke and drown my sorrows? I yearn to change things that I believe are wrong but then I pour another drink because I realise there is nothing that I can do. Maybe the things I think are wrong are right?

So yearning becomes depression.

What it the point of trying to do anything? I can sit in my own place and meditate on the beauty that surrounds me but it soon comes crashing down. Why? Because, while I am sitting pretty, terrible things are happening around the World.

I yearn to go back to a time when I did not know about these things. Ignorance is bliss.

edit on 13/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: ty TZ

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
So,...You want the good news or the bad news?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

I don't watch the news anymore. Avoid it. Only info I read now is local paper or what is on ATS.
Even clicked the tab to remove the news feeds from my pc when I connect to internet.

the answer is, I don't want to know the good or the bad anymore.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I like it. It's the exact opposite of mine.
Sort of a ying/yang thing backed up to my - life is chaotic color.
At least that's how I'm seeing it.

Star and flag.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

thanks so much for stopping by and reading.. and thank you for your opinion.

I have a diky thumb today, nearly lost the entire thing!! omg but I can still hit the space bar so back onto the Dragon's Rule Collab effort...

new topics

top topics

join