It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlestar Galactica Ad. The drums!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Ok, that battlestar add is getting on my nerves. I'm tired of refreshing hoping it will spawn some ad other than that one. It plays these annoying drums over and over.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

turn sound off ? i only turn audio back on when on a page that i know has audio i want to listen to

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I know, eh!
Sometimes I have my sound turned way up if I've been listening to something while in the other room.

If I forget to turn the sound back down, that ad comes on and startles the crap out of me.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Firefox and AdBlockPlus.
2nd line.

Please do not suggest to members to violate the T&C...

TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just best to keep the sound turned down, or realize it's your own fault when the loud war drums beat

These guys with the ad blockers don't realize they're missing all those ads for the pretty Russian girls looking for dates.

I'm a woman.
Where are all the ads for our eye candy?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by greeneyedleo

When ATS allows highly annoying advertising such as the one mentioned in the topic of this thread, then that's the only recourse. Sorry. This is the only site I use it on because of that.

So...if you are visiting my home, and I ask you not to leave the doors open...and, you feel it's OK to do it anyway. because it's an inconvenience to you to turn the door knob.

LOL...you wouldn't be my *house guest* again.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It is annoying.

I watch movies and tv through the computer while also surfing and turning down the volume is not an option unless I don't want to hear the show I'm watching.

edit on 12-1-2012 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by greeneyedleo

When ATS allows highly annoying advertising such as the one mentioned in the topic of this thread, then that's the only recourse. Sorry. This is the only site I use it on because of that.

That is a first for me...someone openly admitting they are violating the T & C 's and are going to continue to!

I mean for goodness sakes...if your going to do something stupid...don't admit it!

Better yet...maybe just don't do it at all!

Just wow!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Turning my volume down is not an option. I'm constantly listening to talk radio shows while I browse.

Ad blockers are not necessary. ATS is usually very good at removing annoying ads.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I happen to LOVE Battlestar Galactica, and I am not annoyed in the least! I have the old series and new series soundtracks on my ipod

SO SAY WE ALL!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
**Remember**

As posted above, and in reading the T&C:

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

Any member who is caught using addblockers, or those who freely admit to using it, then encourage other members to use it, will place their membership on ATS in peril.

Add revenue is what keeps ATS alive, and free. Members who do not understand this must not care for this community. A little annoying sound, every now and then ( which is easily reported and taken care of, or doesn't long as enough to become actually annoying) is a good price to pay for this little niche of the internet.

In the meantime, for any further problems with adds relating to ATS, please post your concerns in the following thread, which is watched by SO.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

Thread Closed.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

new topics

top topics

join