It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage is a threat to humanity, claims Pope

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

"Maybe it's supposed to make a point? That rules change over millennia? That God can say "you had rules to get you to this point, now you need to switch emphasis?"

And there you go...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
it shouldnt matter who you love. growing up in the catholic church made me think it was a bad thing. once i got into high school and my found out my best friend was a lesbian i was shocked. but i realised it doesnt matter if she liked girls. thats what makes her happy. i think you should love who you wanna love. i support gay marraige. everyone has the right to be miserable.

sorry for the long story but i felt it needed to be said

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
the real reason the church is anti gay is money.. think about it if jim marries steve and cindy marries jill were is new catholics going to come from to fill future collection plates. thats also why they against birth control and abortion. i am not gay .and i dont believe in gay marriage for other reasons. but the reason the pope doesnt like it is because if people aint being fruitful and multiplying it could hurt future church coffers . i believe its time that religions should be seen as corporartions and taxed accordingly

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The Pope - bless, he's such a drama queen... Stop wearing your sparkling frocks, love, & you might actually say something constructive & intelligent, albeit 400 years behind civilisation.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eastleigh1

I must have missed something. Did you say anything other than "I don't like the Pope?"

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think the point of all this is that humans have reached that level again where they have become so enveloped by their fleshy desires that people have place so much importance on using the sexual organs that people have changed the way they look, talk, walk and think.

When you think hard about it you will notice that there is way too much emphasis on peoples sexual desires. What happens if millions of people become proud pedophiles, demanding rights chanting they were born that way?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
I think the point of all this is that humans have reached that level again where they have become so enveloped by their fleshy desires that people have place so much importance on using the sexual organs that people have changed the way they look, talk, walk and think.

When you think hard about it you will notice that there is way too much emphasis on peoples sexual desires. What happens if millions of people become proud pedophiles, demanding rights chanting they were born that way?

So in your mind you equal gays with pedophiles??? I hope you realize that's complete and utter nonsense given that in a pedophile relationship one party is non a grown up, so you can't say it's consensual. There's a reason we don't allow kids in the military either...or let them vote...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Maybe that was over your head.

This part then. ...........point of all this is that humans have reached that level again where they have become so enveloped by their fleshy desires that people have place so much importance on using the sexual organs that people have changed the way they look, talk, walk and think.

When you think hard about it you will notice that there is way too much emphasis on peoples sexual desires.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I really don't care about other people's sexual desires...why do you so much?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Maybe that was over your head.

This part then. ...........point of all this is that humans have reached that level again where they have become so enveloped by their fleshy desires that people have place so much importance on using the sexual organs that people have changed the way they look, talk, walk and think.

When you think hard about it you will notice that there is way too much emphasis on peoples sexual desires.

This thread isn't about sex - it's about marriage. People who just want sex can do that without being married. I know a gay couple that have been together over 20 years. Like any couple that's been together that long, they rarely have sex.

edit on 14-7-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

This thread isn't about sex - it's about marriage. People who just want sex can do that without being married. I know a gay couple that have been together over 20 years. Like any couple that's been together that long, they rarely have sex.

Then by that rational a guy or girl should be able to marry his or her roommate or even just a buddy who you facebook occasionally with to take of advantage of all the benefits available to married such as tax, car insurance, house loans, it would be quite advantageous to exploit such a system and you are right, it will have nothing to do with sex. Just a business decision in the name of 'marriage'.

edit on 14-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Then by that rational a guy or girl should be able to marry his or her roommate or even just a buddy who you facebook occasionally with to take of advantage of all the benefits available to married such as tax, car insurance, house loans, it would be quite advantageous to exploit such a system and you are right, it will have nothing to do with sex. Just a business decision in the name of 'marriage'.

Lots and lots of marriages already happen that don't involve love. Ever heard of "sugar daddy" or "trophy wife"? What does gay marriage have to do with that?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yeah, let's listen to the guy who looks like liberace's stunt double on what's wrong with the world.

Let's see, he's also the guy who went to Africa and told the people to NOT use condoms cause it would make AIDS worse.

He's totally about making sure that humanity is on the right track...

What a crock.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

They ARE able to marry their roommate, or facebook friend. Its only if that person is same sex, that people have an issue with it.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Yeah, let's listen to the guy who looks like liberace's stunt double on what's wrong with the world.

Ok everyone, pack it in. This discussion is over. Tothetenthpower has noted that he thinks the Pope looks funny. Clearly that argument is pertinent, salient and inarguable. Truly the height of ATS argumentation.

Well done sir!

Eric

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

They ARE able to marry their roommate, or facebook friend. Its only if that person is same sex, that people have an issue with it.

EXACTLY!!

All I care about is same rights for everyone. I am a happy heterosexual male with an amazing GF (don't tell her that, her ego's large enough), so why one earth should I care about the sexual behaviour of others??? It doesn't affect my life, it's not as if they force me to join

I'm actually amazed at how many fundamentalists are so obsessed with the sexual behaviours of others.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Ok everyone, pack it in. This discussion is over. Tothetenthpower has noted that he thinks the Pope looks funny. Clearly that argument is pertinent, salient and inarguable. Truly the height of ATS argumentation.

Well done sir!

Eric

I would like to point out this excellent example of an Ad Hominem. This is pretty much a textbook example of one! Well done, EricD for showing everyone else how NOT to engage in meaningful debate! Bravo, Sir, Bravo!!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Meh. Don't like what teh Pope says, don't be Catholic. Easy solution in modern day society.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Dear Pope.

Your cadre have been tracking down certain types of people to convert them and bring them into your priest/nun fold.

Where they aren't allowed to breed. Toppped up with a few cases of instead just exterminating them when you can't.

Your Church (along with several other groups), have been actively engaging in about 1500 years of extincting a specific type of person.

Your concern about humanity seems a tad misplaced under the circumstances.

Hugs and Kisses,
Me.
edit on 14-7-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

I would like to point out this excellent example of an Ad Hominem. This is pretty much a textbook example of one! Well done, EricD for showing everyone else how NOT to engage in meaningful debate! Bravo, Sir, Bravo!!

Thank you! It's nice to finally be recognized for my hard work.

Eric

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join