It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This has always peeked my interest..

Something IS going on.

You can't deny that.

I think his has potential.

Weird days are ahead.

(yup i just went all foreboding 2012 on ya)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I live in La. and my dogs started barking around 2:30 this morning. the weather was storming, so there was plenty of thunder,but there was an odd rumbling sound that i put off as a train off schedule. I live less than a mile from the railroad tracks, but the train doesn't usually run until six a.m. The train sound was unusually loud though, now that i think about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Greetings:
I have been following this thread since I have experienced similar events in Sept. and Oct 2011. I live ouside of the Philly area. Both myself and my neighbor came outside after a prolonged roaring sound settled in over our subrban skys. In both cases the time was near dusk and my dogs acted very fearful (unusual for my lab and shepard). The first sound was as you desribed a long roaring sound that lasted for several hours. I anticipated seeing several planes to fly low over our heads, but nothing materialized.
The second encounter was very strange. It started as a low rumble and then wavered to a metallic whine. This lasted for about and hour. Since that last time, I have purchased a hand held digital recorder. But have not been able to capture that metallic sound since.

In both cases the sky was overcast. Lately we have had an abundance of chemtrails in our skys. I cannot be sure if they were connected.

stringman

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It is the noise made by the Langoliers. Stephen King knew it all this time, but everyone thought of it as a SF story. They are here already. Check our horizons.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

I have a moment to get on ATS before my boss gets to work, and i must say, this is an amazing testimony. I was beginning to question my sanity, but i feel better now. As for the clouds, did you notice if you could see anything beyond them, sky wise or was it completely overcast?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by chopperswolf

When you say La you mean Louisiana? If so that is all the proof i need to begin investigating further into it.. If you are in Louisiana, What part if you dont mind me asking?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Eh, I've been staying away from jumping on the bandwagon, sure I'll find an explantion for what I've been experiencing over here. But I've been hearing the rumble too. Sounds exactly like the sound in that video someone put up.

Now I know the sound when the fighter jets are practicing at high altitudes and can recognize that rumble. This is different. It also slightly shakes my house and goes on for a long time. The day before yesterday, it happened, and i don't know for how long, because I just kept thinking whatever it was it would go away, and didn't turn my attention to it until it had already been going for quite a while. Unlike the Hum, this is totally outside and exterior and can be heard audibly, as well as felt.

We live in France, in a very rural area of the mountains, and our neighbors are not that close, so we don't see them often. But if I do, I will ask them if they have been noticing this.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

The video from space? i posted that, it sounds exactly like what i have been hearing, and what another member heard in tennessee last night..

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by trisvonbis
It is the noise made by the Langoliers. Stephen King knew it all this time, but everyone thought of it as a SF story. They are here already. Check our horizons.

This is clearly the answer, i don't know why i even made the thread..

Anyways back to work, keep posting though people!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

I am in North Central Louisiana on the Arkansas State Line. The largest town I am near is Monroe.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Haha, another one late for work from posting the truth on the ATS site of all the freaky stuff goin' on.
Priceless.

It will be interesting to hear what others at work had to say about it - don't be surprised if not many heard it.
I still have well-intended friends suggesting maybe its the police airplane I and a few others around here heard...

Its one thing to read/hear about it online, and another to hear it in your back yard. Sounds like you didn't know about all the other sky sounds and reports of it, worldwide, previously; which would be even freakier.

Thanks for taking the time to post all the info you did this morning. Hope last night's adrenalin rush doesn't affect your work day. Interesting sounds in the youtube you posted - sounds spookier than the extended sound of jets that we heard, alright.
What first drew our attention to check the skies was when the jet plane sounds stopped and started - twice in a row, in 3 sec. intervals.. no planes in the sky. Then it went on for hours. Partial cloud cover.
To note the cloud cover - we have heard it again since, and the skies are cloudy.

I know the sounds are different, as they seem to be in various parts of the planet. Gotta be connected, no? Have fun trying to figure it out - I hope you do. Same goes for the shaking chimney et al.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hello All

There were posts about the sky noise and some contained a message that only kids can hear. The ages range from 3-10 years old. I was skeptical at first so I tried by playing the sounds to a 3 year old.

I didn't discuss it with her about what was said before hand. She said that the sound said, hello, hello, hello...get underground, get underground, get underground and sorry we can't help you, sorry we can't help you, and sorry we can't help you.

This message was heard by other kids in different areas and different countries.

I think the tread that I posted on was called "Conversations with a 6 year old".

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

in december i woke up one night to the same sound you're describing. it went on for a while but i was so tired i fell back to sleep. i'm near where you are. i do live in the city near a freeway and i'm in a flight path.... but i know very well what those sounds sound like and what i heard wasn't like anything i'd heard before. sometimes the jets fly low and that's kind of what it was like but with an intermittent "whirring" sound.

in the other thread about the house shaking in tennessee last night.... there's a link confirming many people heard it. it made the news.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

This seems to be a plausible theory as well.Does anyone know whether anybody is doing serious research into these sounds and rumblings, if so could someone possibly throw a link this way.Thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This is getting creepy and I can't believe no one has found a source of the noise yet?

I've never heard it here in Illinois but with so many reports you'd think something would come out by now , it's making me nervous and edgy .

My big question is , What can we do about it to find out?

I can't take all the mystery anymore.
The reason I came to ATS is because I have felt for a couple years now that something huge is going to happen,I came looking for answers and all it did was reveal dozens of additional questions.
Are there any reports from scientists? Thanks in advance , I'll do some digging on my own as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Truly.
Hiding the site from the boss is a hassle, but i feel is worth it. This is too interesting to pass up.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Someone with kids in the range of 3-10 should see if there is a message in the sounds.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by odinson

This is the scariest thing i have heard regarding the noise. My Girlfriend has a 6 year old daughter, so with her permission i will record the noise next chance i get and play it for her. thanks for the post.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm in West Virginia, pretty much out in the middle of nowhere, not near any airports, and I've been hearing something similar for several months. I'm not sure about nights, I hear it during the daytime. At first I think I'm hearing an approaching helicopter, which freaks me out a little because a few months ago they were flying really low around mine and a few neighbors property. Like, REALLY low, so low I thought they wre going to land in my field. That went on for several days. I hear a sound like you describe every couple of weeks or so. I always grab my binoculars and go outside in case it's another helicopter so I can write down the numbers. When I get outside, it sounds more like a rumbling engine, and the sky is white ever time. It usually persists for a few hours, then fades.
I didn't notice it before the helicopters came a few months ago. i guess that made me a little paranoid about it.
For the record, the nearest neighbor to my left has a gas line on his property that gets vented twice a year... this overhead sound is completely different.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Sensi: It was completely overcast yesterday ALL day here and rained for most of it. I know for a fact because I had to take myself and 2 of my 3 kids to doctors appts and spent all day in it. I dropped one off at the bus stop at 7am (it was still completely dark which is unusual but because of the clouds not so unusual). Came home, took a shower, left about 9am for the appts. and it rained the whole time we were there. Got home around noon. Ate a quick lunch, then left at 1:30 to pick up my daughter from school for her appt. drove 35 miles to main Fort Hood to visit with my hubby for 15 mins. before her appt and then to her appt. We left there around 4pm, ran to walmart to pick up something for supper and got home around 5pm. So I pretty much spent all day in the car driving in the rain. The rain and drizzle finally stopped about 7pm last night when I let my doggie outside to go to the bathroom and she finally would go outside. She hates getting wet.

I can't speak for what the cloud cover was like last night because I never went outside, but it is still very cloudy this morning and the light drizzle/rain is suppose to finally taper off this morning. So I am assuming it was still cloudy out last night as well.
edit on 10-1-2012 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join