It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has let its guard down...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I am a retired American Army Sergeant, and this is just my views and opinions of America. I'm sure I don�t have all the history facts in order, but it�s merely a cause and effect discussion. I spent over three years in Kuwait/Iraq, and another 7 years in various countries throughout the world and spent much of time speaking to the locals. The world's views of America are quite gloom, and some filled with false facts and speculation, but for the most part everyone feels America isn't what its citizens believe it is. I�m not sure what my country is doing in this War on Terror, but I fear it is beating its war drums a little too loud. And the potential outcome will leave this country unprepared..

Yes America, you have...

You've sat around dreaming up wonderful machines and technology to do the fighting for you, you sat around bolstering about your great victory of WWII and how you were personally responsible for its ending by one of your great inventions that does your bidding for you. From that moment on, America put a temporary hold on World Wars. They proved by dropping that bomb that technology can kill millions of people in eight seconds, leaving the true fighters of the world truly behind. For decades after that single bomb obliterated millions of people, America had the lead, had the world by the balls, so to speak. No other country would dare mess with a military power holding that sort of weapon and showing they're not scared to use it. America had at that single moment stated they will rule the world.

The United States at the moment they dropped that bomb did not know what they possessed. The discovery of the magnitude of the explosion not only blew away the millions of people, but also blew away the scientists that built them, and the government that ordered the drop. The government realized at that very second what power and leverage it now held over the world. And the scientists that made the bomb knew they had created the world�s worst killing device. Thus began plans to make demands...

Then along came Russia, which secretly obtained the blueprints of the bomb and began building its own; ultimately putting an end to any notion of America ruling the world. At that single moment, Russia saved the world from a super power capable of leading the world, by itself declaring itself a super power, thus beginning the Cold War.

After both countries talked big and came up short, realizing that using these weapons against themselves, and leaving both countries in rubble, would be senseless, the spread of nuclear weapons started. I'm not sure if it was Russia, or America, but one of the countries began picking allies they wanted to possess this power; eventually leading to both Russia and America supplying each of their allies with these bombs. Leading up to current date where most countries in the world having their own bombs. Between the spying and the ally picking, the blueprints eventually became well known... thus beginning America's next problem.

With most the countries in the world having this technology, America no longer had ground to stand on. Or did it? America realizing it�s no longer ahead launches into its mass military production spending; Building better tanks, better bombs, and better planes. Can't use your nukes to rule the world? Go to plan B and out fight them with better gear.

Between then and now, America let its guard down... Knowing it had superior fighting abilities they began to ease up and fight sloppy. They began to inferiorly train their soldiers to be less barbaric and more technology dependant. (Notice the prime difference between the Army and Marines, the marines still having very intense training/boot camp). Ultimately leading to their defeat in Vietnam where technology was quite useless in the jungle guerilla warfare.

Then something unexpected happened. After boasting about how tough America's military was, its citizens got lazy and fat. Very few citizens have stamina to fight for very long if the need were to come. Surely most think they have what it takes, but have never actually thought about the pains of warfare. All the while, the countries of the world stayed fit, and built enormous armies of well fit fighters not dependant on technology.

Surely, people across the world hate America and are not brainwashed into thinking we're unbeatable, will lash out. Ultimately sparking the War on Terror... the beginning of the end. America still thinking it somehow holds the upper hand, is lashing back at the world for some reason unknown to me. Between 9/11 and now, America has taken over 2 countries, and has threatened several others; All in the name of Terror.

If America doesn�t back down, they could be spelling their own demise. America's technology isn't enough to win a World War, and its citizen is surely in no shape for a massive draft.

Discuss

[edit on 11-9-2004 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
No offence dude, but you must be a moron. "lashing back at the world for some reason unknown to me" How ignorant can you get??? Do you not agree that the people of Afghanistan are better off without the Taliban, especially the women?? Do you not agree that the people of Iraq are better off without the tyrannical rule of Sadamm? Even IF America attacked Iraq for different reasons, other than WMD or humanitarian reasons, even if it was for oil, its for its very survival. If America goes down, we all do, civilization as we know it goes down. We all have to fight to protect what we all obviously love, the freedom to get up in the morning and come on here and complain about whatever we want. Why bite the hand that feeds you? Do everyone a favour and dont jump on the hippie bandwagon...........America must fight and will fight because these bastards wont give up until we all bow down to their will.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by the Weez
No offence dude, but you must be a moron.?

. . .

If America goes down, we all do, civilization as we know it goes down.

I was going to comment until I reread what you posted. And my two quotes are all I need to supply.

I'm not on the "hippie bandwagon".. I spent 10 years in the military, what have you done? (Again, I'll refer everyones attention to the above quote).

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Millions did not die in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki blasts. The Soviet Union saved the world from American domination? The American government does not hold drafts for the middle aged and old. The young men will be drafted before they can get old and fat. I believe America does have millions of able bodied men to partake in a draft. Where are these large armies that can defeat America? China can't win a war overseas because they can't get their huge army overseas alive. The European Army will take decades to materialize as that continent still has its differences to work out. The Muslim world could never unite against America. They enjoy fighting eachother too much. Is this what you are talking about? I really don't know what your talking about but I replied anyway because I think I know what you meant but you just explained it in a very very bad way.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Sorry Quietsoul, it appears you have all the answers.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
QuietSoul,

My husband is a retired Marine,

TextYou've sat around dreaming up wonderful machines and technology to do the fighting for you, you sat around bolstering about your great victory of WWII and how you were personally responsible for its ending by one of your great inventions that does your bidding for you. From that moment on, America put a temporary hold on World Wars

Yes US had his time of glory during WWII, and do not have any problem reminding the rest of the world about that.

Yes US have also master technology. But also other country in the world that can afford it.

I agree that when US drop the A-bomb did not really knew what power it held and not body can deny the amount of casualties that was generated by that blast.

Until this day US is still claiming justification for the decimation of so many lives, civilians at that.

Text Between the spying and the ally picking, the blueprints eventually became well known... thus beginning America's next problem.

I agree with this one, the selling of secrets is very well known, during the cold war and yes now we have countries that cannot even take care of their own people have the power to decimate millions.

Text . Can't use your nukes to rule the world? Go to plan B and out fight them with better gear.

Yes you are right also in this one, we are a civilize nation and nuking is out of the question so technology is better.

(Notice the prime difference between the Army and Marines, the marines still having very intense training/boot camp). Ultimately leading to their defeat in Vietnam where technology was quite useless in the jungle guerilla warfare.

Very true the standard of training are very different, I talk for experience my husband after 6 years off the service still keep himself in top shape and people still think he is active duty.

You are right about a draft people in US will need a lot of training to bring them back in shape and this is not disrespect to any body out there.

And yes people think that wars are different now because the technology but that is not the way its looks in Iraq right now.

For those that think Taliban is decimated I got one for you they are still well and still ruling in the countryside of Afghanistan and US just lost interest on them after it got in Iraq.

Good analysis and very to the point thread. You will get a lot of opposing posting but its people like me that can see what you are trying to point out.

Disregard the name calling also.

new topics

top topics

join