It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Attacks on Iran won't be allowed from Turkish territory'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The Turkish foreign minister has "assured" Iran that turkey does not see Iran as a threat.

This after last year's threats from Iran saying they won't hesitate to target NATO's missile shield systems in Turkey.

Iran, Russia, and China are also planning a joint missile shield to counter the NATO systems.

Turkey buys 30% if its' oil from Iran by the way.

JPOST
01/05/2012 16:42

The Turkish foreign minister attempted to dispel rumors that the NATO missile shield recently stationed in Turkey, should pose as a threat to Iran or damage relations between the countries.

Davutoglu stated that Turkey and Iran trust each other. "I certainly do not see Iran as a threat," Hurriyet quoted Davutoglu as saying.
[url=http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=252383]Iran/turkey Meeting[/url

Not much mention of Israel.

I wonder if anybody is worried about Israeli missiles ?

Turkey is evaluating whether to seek a waiver from the United States to exempt Turkish oil importer Tupras from new US sanctions on institutions that deal with Iran's central bank, a Turkish official said on Tuesday.

US ally Turkey is among the biggest buyers of Iranian oil and gas. It gets about 30 percent of its oil from neighbor Iran, and Tupras, Turkey's biggest crude oil importer is a big buyer of Iranian crude.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Great, here we are headed to another war over oil.

Or, uh.... I mean because Iran has WMD's.

Sad How many lives will be lost, and how many minds permanently scarred in this one?

Guess we better start sending aid to turkey, and kissing diplomatic butt to see if they will reverse their decision.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

haha turkey are just pawns in natos games just like china, it wouldn't surprise me if they are pushing this messege that they will help iran so iran take the first shot thinking everyone will help them. and then they'll do sod all when the bombs start dropping. IMHO
edit on 5-1-2012 by Thetawave because: .

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Looks like an interesting article - xuenchen

Would you post the link, I think you may of forgotten to.... thanks !
edit on 5-1-2012 by UmbraSumus because: typo

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
here's the corrected link to the OP article.

Iran/turkey Meeting

and we need to remember that Turkey is a NATO member !

new topics

top topics

join