It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ex-NSA Whistleblower threatened with 35 years of prison, warns of Tyranny - Award receiving speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hi all,

I came across this video, and thought it was interesting...

Think the Youtube isn't working .. Posting the link below ..

Link to his speech given while recieving an award

These are the other ATS threads on this whistleblower :

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=707562

Mod Note: Please refrain from posting videos or other external source material without adding any personal contribution to the discussion.

ATS Terms and conditions:

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on 5/1/12 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
WOW!!! thanks for the indepth insight.
I agree with you.
Your opinion on this is one to consider for sure.
and as for your analysis of the video?
Can you say SPOT ON????

You are on the right track my friend!!!
Keep 'em cominn'!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I watched this earlier today, I thought it was about as honest as it gets. To me, through the whole speech I kept thinking....

And I'm sure it's a lot worse than this guy was privy to knowing about.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Missed it by two and i was the first.

But yea this is very insightful and informative.
Very powerfull, glad there are still those on the inside the see the crazy crap our government is up to.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by skywalker_

impersonating a goverment official is against the law....

sounds like he needs to give all the other nut job charlatans their soap box back.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

sounds like he needs to give all the other nut job charlatans their soap box back.

You should let all these news agencies know he is an impersonator breaking the law!

en.wikipedia.org...

www.newyorker.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywalker_
Hi all,

I came across this video, and thought it was interesting...

Think the Youtube isn't working .. Posting the link below ..

Link to his speech given while recieving an award

These are the other ATS threads on this whistleblower :

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=707562

S&F! This needs to go viral!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Can someone who has seen the video write a basic summary about it please?

I would love to watch it, but it's 30 minutes long and I'm nearly at my download limit. Got to be careful before the 10th of this month, or I will be at dialup speed until then. Cheers.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Lol why is this in the Paranormal section?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Thanks for posting that, Star and Flag.
I agree this needs to be shared as widely as possible, he puts into concise words the thoughts and the rants I have been feeling and trying to communicate to others for many years now. For the past year or so it has hit me, that I no longer live in the country I grew up and believed in. We have let those in power destroy the system of checks and balance that were set into place to act as a control to prevent power hungry psychopaths from destoying our country. When we let bush get by with stomping on our constitutional rights, we started down a slippery slope that obama has warped into hyper-drive.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

you certainly don't do your homework do you?
2nd

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

It is a speech by Thomas Drake upon receiving an award, He is an NSA Whistleblower who tried to go through proper channels to protest excessive government waste and abuse of power in handling intelligence gathering after 911. After following every possible available channel he leaked unclassified information to a newspaper reporter and faced prosecution for it. He was charged with espionage and faced 35 years. He titled his speech "What Country do You Want to Live in" and talked about the abuse of power and loss of constitutionial rights and the invaision of privacy for american citizens. The graft that goes on spending millions and billions of dollars in order to self-serve and to keep. government contracters happy. Protested abuse of power, rise of tyranny, and how torture is NEVER a viable option. Illuminati I know what you are talking about on reaching you download limit. but IMO this is definately worth the 30 min.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
great post! number of views seem to be stuck at 301! yet 337 likes, 3 dislikes Youtube are censoring this one to prevent it getting widespread.

S&F watching it all now.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gypsycat
reply to post by NuclearPaul

It is a speech by Thomas Drake upon receiving an award, He is an NSA Whistleblower who tried to go through proper channels to protest excessive government waste and abuse of power in handling intelligence gathering after 911. After following every possible available channel he leaked unclassified information to a newspaper reporter and faced prosecution for it. He was charged with espionage and faced 35 years. He titled his speech "What Country do You Want to Live in" and talked about the abuse of power and loss of constitutionial rights and the invaision of privacy for american citizens. The graft that goes on spending millions and billions of dollars in order to self-serve and to keep. government contracters happy. Protested abuse of power, rise of tyranny, and how torture is NEVER a viable option. Illuminati I know what you are talking about on reaching you download limit. but IMO this is definately worth the 30 min.

from 4.45 " I also discovered that NSA had withheld critical and crucial intelligence, prior to 9/11, and after 9/11 as well as data and information which was available, but remained undiscovered and if shared, if shared, could have made a decisive difference alone in preventing the 9/11 attacks from ever happening"

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

I found this interesting, so I went, viewed fully.

The count still shows "301", even I watched it for the first time. I checked a few more on that page, to the right....found more that are stuck at "301". One was stuck at "469".

Could it just by a YouTube glitch?? Can YouTube be hacked? (By the NSA, for example)?

Conspiracies, begin!!

top topics

join