It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
As it becomes more and more obvious to me that there is a group of people who desire power and wealth and will attain it through any means I find myself struggling to find the reason behind it. I simply just can't relate to this greed. I have no desire to control other people or be considered wealthy/powerful. I've tried many times to analyze it and I still can't understand it. I understand doing well for yourself and enjoying your earned riches but there is a group that takes it to another level. There is so much more to life than money yet so much of life is controlled by money...it's sad really. I'm not claiming I'm right in my thinking, just ignorant and probably missing something. That's my rant for the night.
edit on 4-1-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Here is an essay from several ears ago, "Twilight of the Psychopaths" which describes the madness you are seeing.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

You know the original person who said "money can't buy happiness" was filthy rich and a liar too.
Money can buy happiness and even over time getting to know someone can even buy love!
It happens every day.
So, pursue those who would take your love and happiness with reckless abandon and zero forgiveness!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Epirus

You know the original person who said "money can't buy happiness" was filthy rich and a liar too.
Money can buy happiness and even over time getting to know someone can even buy love!
It happens every day.
So, pursue those who would take your love and happiness with reckless abandon and zero forgiveness!

I know money can buy a much greater chance at happiness and I didn't ever question that. Like I said in my original post, I'm referring to the next level up. Reading comprehension is your friend...I'm talking about people trying to get more and more when they could already buy their dreams and the moon.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
reply to post by Epirus

Here is an essay from several ears ago, "Twilight of the Psychopaths" which describes the madness you are seeing.

This link is going in my favorites, thank you!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Agreed, and I understood you.
I often ask a friend of mine when is enough enough?
Considering what some things cost, for what it takes to produce them.

top topics

join