It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Accidentally Includes Anti-BP Protesters in Latest Ad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is hilarious, what a bunch of idiots...can't even get this right, LOL..

Source / Alternative source

BP launched its latest nationwide ad campaign Monday to explain the company’s post-spill efforts to restore the Gulf of Mexico. As BP’s Louisiana external affairs manager Iris Cross says that economies on the Gulf Coast are “having their best tourism season in years,” the camera pans the Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Ala. and lands on the Alabama Oil Spill protesters.

It’s easy to miss their two-second appearance (see 0:47-0:49). From the camera’s distant bird’s eye view, the cluster of people could just as easily be sunbathers. But organizer Michele Harmon confirms that the shadowy figures are her group, who demonstrated at the event on Oct. 16. The coalition’s website features a closer photo of the protest, with the same blue tarp and bright yellow sign that appear in the BP video.

At the 48 second mark you'll see this scene in the pic below.

edit on 3-1-2012 by Daedal because: added pic

edit on 3-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Speaking of BP... Does anyone know if the leak has been officially sealed or is it still seeping into the ocean?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Herp Derp we ruined the gulf, BUT WE FUNDED SCIENTISTS! HERE, LOOK AT THIS SHRIMP! LOOK AT HOW BLUE THE WATER IS. WATCH THESE BIRDS FLY! LOOK! TOURI$T$! BP 4 LIFE.

Ad in a nutshell.
Do people actually buy into this garbage?

Also they probably thought that it was a random tent on the beach. It is too far away for people to tell whats going on back there.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

No surprise that the mere existence of protesters is beneath their notice.

BP, like most corporatist ***wipe, are what I call "self-brainwashed." Maybe I'll put together a thread on that concept someday....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
LOL! I have seen this commercial and it makes me sick. They think if they put a local on there, well....it HAS to be true **pukes**. My home is there, and I WILL NOT swim at the beaches, OR eat the seafood (which by the way, is hard because I was raised on it and I love it) Some of my family members owned seafood shops and lost everything (had to shut down because the was no edible seafood and went bankrupt) They have YET to get a settlement from BP! They (BP) keep trying to offer lesser amounts that won't begin to cover what they lost) Yeah.....thank you BP, we love you guys!!!
Oh.....and yes.....even though they SAY it is not leaking, that's a blatant LIE....there is still oil coming from the vicinity of that well! Maybe not as much, but it's there and there is video, photos, and testing has been done on it to confirm it is the SAME type of oil as from that well.
We DO need need people to visit to help the economy, so please do....just don't go swimming. Mardi Gras is almost here, and that's a guaranteed good time!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I think the high leadership positions in BP are filled by moronic zombies who actually enjoy publicity stunts no matter the cost to the environment or their reputation.

top topics

join