It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update to Fema Camps and Solicitation HSFEHQ-10-R-0027

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
In the spirit of so many other posts on this topic, I came across some disturbing updates and wanted to get them posted here. Nothing in my searches, including New Topics, indicated this info had been posted yet; if so, I apologize.

Officially coined National Responder Support Camps, there have been official solicitations that have been continually updated for the purposes of contractors to provide land, structures, staff and other resources.

You can read the actual solicitation HERE.

According to the American Thinker, the solicitation (HSFEHQ-10-R-0027) was most recently updated on December 16, 2011:

In a nutshell, there seems to be a solicitation of bids occurring for the staffing of FEMA camps within 72 hours of implementation by an order from either Homeland Security or the president. This situation begs to be investigated, with special consideration paid to the motives of the present administration. Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

For your convenience, here are some Orwellian details the Oppressors are requiring:

The staffing requirements or cadre for FEMA personnel for these camps -- which are identified as being located in five (5) distinct regions throughout and within the borders of the USA, with camps located in each and every state -- was three to fifteen each. The size of these camps will vary around 5 acres per 1,000 inhabitants, though they will never be less than 3 acres for populations of 500 or fewer inhabitants within the camps' boundaries.

So are they preventing overcrowding for our comfort, or to ensure we don't have the numbers for power?

This requirement also had a minimum square footage for each inhabitant: either the camp's cadre and first responders of 63 square feet, or approximately 8 feet on each side. This is slightly less than current Federal Court(s) requirements for housing prisoners, which is approximately 72 square feet.

Prisoners? How many people are they planning to arrest?

Perimeter fencing or barricades is required to be six feet high, enclosing the camp, with all traffic in or out to be recorded on a daily log and with security restricting all traffic and access. The contractor shall also provide fencing and barricades around areas which are "off limits" to occupants.

Hmmm....

"[w]henever practical, displaced citizens will be given the first opportunities for employment within the camp, assuming skills and capabilities are pertinent for the open positions."

Gee, thanks. Confined employment to boot.

The article goes on to question a series of anomalies, provides additional reading sources and details, including the FEMA Camp map.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

edit on 3-1-2012 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2012 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

So if there is a natural disaster where you live making you homeless and desperate, you would rather that no camps exist to house or supplies to help you?

The public demanded this after Katrina and now the same people are screaming because they are doing what was demanded. I find this amazing but not at all surprising.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
honestly, they're not gonna forcibly keep people in these camps for any permanent amount of time. The country is backrupt, there's people they'd have to pay in order to keep so many prisoners. there just aren't the funds to do this. they'll more than likely let us starve to death instead

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It mostly just sounds like a way for huge engineering/construction/consulting firms to make a huge chunk of money off of U.S. taxpayers. Don't think you need these in each and every state.

Along the Gulf and East Coasts, however, it makes a lot of sense. During Katrina/Rita and Gustav/Ike, the makeshift FEMA/Red Cross shelters were pretty bad and unstable in nature. There are a lot of government dependents (mostly from the inner cities) who cannot do anything for themselves and the federal government is forced to do something with them. If you want to evac on your own, you are encouraged to do so. And if you want to stay behind, you can easily slip through the cracks in all the confusion.

These "camps" represent nothing more than overkill in order to supply powerful firms and people with lots and lots of money.
The Stafford Act deals specifically with natural disasters and it didn't meet the needs of Katrina. They are using a decent idea (strategically placed disaster shelter/op centers) and using it as source of government waste.

Other than being peed about another waste of your hard earned tax dollars, i wouldn't get too worried about this one. From the basic specs, it just sounds like execs at Shaw, Halliburton, Bechtel, Jacobs, and other bigs will be made all the more rich. I don't think it has anything to do with the dreaded "FEMA detention camps".

(Prisoners have to be evacuated too and they need a holding area for anyone who decides they want to rob, assault, or rape while evacuated - a major problem in 2005)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I appreciate the varying perspectives on this issue, however couple this with other recent developments such as the ‘worldwide indefinite detention without charge or trial’ provision of S.1867, the National Defense Authorization Act bill, which is set to be up for a vote on the Senate floor this week, the legislation will “basically say in law for the first time that the homeland is part of the battlefield,” and I think it deserves a little more attention than the proverbial "meh."

Victims of natural disasters are worthy of relief, not detention.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Is HSFEHQ-10-R-0027 a RFI (Req. For Info) or a RFQ (Req. For Quote). Not there on fedbizops.
www.fbo.gov...

If it isn't here, and it's over $25K, it doesn't exist. I've been doing this for +40 years.
edit on 3-1-2012 by tkwasny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Why the need for perimeter fencing?

Is it to prevent the hordes of people wanting to storm the area to live in 63 sq. ft.?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

The staffing requirements or cadre for FEMA personnel for these camps -- which are identified as being located in five (5) distinct regions throughout and within the borders of the USA, with camps located in each and every state -- was three to fifteen each. The size of these camps will vary around 5 acres per 1,000 inhabitants, though they will never be less than 3 acres for populations of 500 or fewer inhabitants within the camps' boundaries.

I'll assume this is true for a moment. This should end the fema camp fear. At a max of 15 camps for 50 states for 1000 people leaves us with a TOTAL occupant level of 750k, though by that description it will is far less then max, out of a total US population of over 300 million.

If it is for the remaining people after disaster, there will be no problem filling the places if some 300 million just died, but since the are looking for staffing, and expect those folks to be alive, it seems the camps are a boondoggle at worst as they seem based on actual emergency scenarios.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent
reply to post by Blaine91555

Why the need for perimeter fencing?

Is it to prevent the hordes of people wanting to storm the area to live in 63 sq. ft.?

Citizens are free to evac on their own. Once you accept dependence on the government, you live by their rules. Dependents don't make the rules. Never have. Never will.
Don't be dependent and you won't have to worry about it.
BTW, these camps are built next to communities that already exist. And the camps are full of the absolute worst dregs of society. It may sound mean, but I know what I'm talking about.
They will be shot or put in county jail if allowed to roam free. You'd have the productive citizens in arms about their safety and they'd be threatening their Congressmen.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Considering all the atrocities that happened in the LOCKED Astrodome during Katrina, I'll take my chances in the wilderness if there is a natural disaster.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I agree with Afterthought, If they really wanted to help people after natural disasters they would'nt try to cram them into small spaces and create poor living conditions. New Orleans was a perfect example. Now if the camps are to be used to house evacuated prisoners or looters and such then they are a good idea. The one true thing I know is that the government can not be trusted. In the end it will be up to the individual to decide if he/she needs the governments help or not. I personally would not willingly take my family, or allow my family to be taken to any of these camps. I have been a hunter and a farmer my whole life and as long as nature provides then i will be able to provide for my family.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Thank you. You are on the right track and others need to follow in your footsteps by also preparing to defend themselves in the event the government attempts to herd us all into facitilites.

I believe that New Orleans was the perfect testing ground for future "assemblies" and "provisions".
(Quotes used to specify politi-talk.)

frontpagemag.com...

White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel gained notoriety for declaring his credo: “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.” In other words, when there is tragedy and suffering, intense human pain and disaster, a political expert enjoys a unique opportunity to push the least popular parts of his agenda past a distracted electorate.

No sooner had President Barack Obama entered the White House than the Emanuel Doctrine was put into motion with the 1,073-page $787 billion “stimulus bill” that had to be rushed through Congress, seemingly overnight. As Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) said: “We have not had a single hearing on anything in front of us….We’ve been told that even one hearing would be one too many, and that we have a single day to approve these five complex propositions that will affect the lives of millions.”

What were they being so secretive about? Scary stuff I tell you. Scary stuff.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by capod2t

So if there is a natural disaster where you live making you homeless and desperate, you would rather that no camps exist to house or supplies to help you?

The public demanded this after Katrina and now the same people are screaming because they are doing what was demanded. I find this amazing but not at all surprising.

Bingo.

It gets tiring, doesn't it?
The government establishes a better system to respond to disaster, it's a conspiracy to kill us all.
The government DOESN'T establish a better system to respond to disaster, it's a conspiracy to kill us all.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Do your parents know you are wandering around on the internet alone?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Is this immaturity really necessary?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

No worries...I just commented on one of their threads, alluding to the hatred spewed, and this was their reaction.

I think they did it to some of my other posts too.

Thanks, though.

new topics

top topics

join