It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aging Slowed In Mice With Supplement Mix

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Originally posted by brill

Originally posted by soficrow

…..The real benefits to be derived from this research are economic - hopefully, ordinary people might avoid "age-related" diseases, the resultant early disability and the need to access retirement and support programs before death. Thus taking the strain off already bankrupt and financially compromised national governments.

Perhaps. It could certainly spark a cottage industry for those able to offer a miracle solution (in the eyes of those who seek it to any means). It could also bring about scam artists for more or less the same reasons. ….

There is a world wide chronic disease pandemic - it's already bankrupting nations, and our corporate leaders in the World Economic Forum are pushing governments hard to pull the plug on social health programs, including retitement and disability benefits.

Check out these threads:

NCD Pandemic Killing Over 37 Million This Year

Sick People, Not Corporate Greed, Causing Financial Crisis?

On the "Wellness Economy," snake oil and other scams:

The USA's New Health-Based Economy (ATS)

The NCD Wellness Zeolite Health Group

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
what is the benefit of living longer

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

what is the benefit of living longer

The "anti-aging" hype is misrepresented by the media, public health authorities and business. What they're really working on is "age-related disease" aka "chronic disease" aka the "NCD Pandemic" aka "early aging."

In this case, supplements help preserve memory, brain power and physical functionality, aka "quality of life."

There is an NCD Pandemic happening right now that's killing 37 million people this year alone. Survivors tend to be chronically debilitated, disabled and non-productive. The costs of supporting NCD survivors is bankrupting most nations all over the world - it's costing so much money that our corporate leaders at the World Economic Forum (WEF) laid down the law: cut costs by cutting disability benefits, social health programs and anything that helps dependent non-productive people.

So what's the benefit? Bottom line?

If you preserve your memory, brain power and physical functionality, you will NOT be at the top of the list when the WEF pushes through their euthanasia policies.

edit on 2/1/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

It would appear for the most part eating fruits and vegetables with a few supplements could easily reach this goal however does the lab created vitamin work better or is it more efficient in this case?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Great study.

But to make the conclusion that, based on this study, dietary supplements for humans will have the same effect is a little premature without further testing.

There are multiple reasons why this is far from conclusive:

1) The study was done with rats. And, although rats have very similar physiology, it's not identical. Plus, many lab rats are genetically altered for specific experiments.

2) It's also worth considering the delivery method. The "cocktail" was delivered through their food. Multi-vitamins taken by humans are delivered differently.

3) Do you know how nutritious standard rat chow is? Perhaps the control rats are simply deficient and adding vitamins/nutrients into their diet got them back to normal.

4) Metabolic states affect absorption. Increased insulin levels, for instance, affect magnesium, calcium, sodium cellular uptake/secretion, along with others. Hyperglycemia interferes with vitamin c uptake. So, if metabolic hormones are out of whack or the metabolism is "broken", supplementing won't have much effect.

5) How do researchers determine whether or not it was simply one of the ingridients listed?

I don't want to take away from the study, but we should tap the breaks before jumping to conclusions.
edit on 3-1-2012 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Yep. That's what the researchers said.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ooops, too late to edit.

From the OP:

Researchers caution that animal results (and doses) do not necessarily translate directly to people. Also, they do NOT distinguish between synthetic and natural sources as do naturopaths and other alternative health practitioners.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

That was my other issue I forgot to bring up. Doses in rats are not so proportionate to doses in humans.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Also addressed in the OP.

....I think the take-home message here is that micro-nutrients help mitigate and delay the effects of chronic disease. It would be nice if we could count on our food to provide those nutrients, but industrial agricultural practices have deleted most soil of said nutrients, and prevent replenishment. So apparently, we do need to find alternatives.

My concern is that synthetic alternatives are NOT good.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I agree with the latter of that post. I think there are major problems with synthetic alternatives. But I believe the problem is one that I stated in one of my previous posts; not necessarily that our foods don't contain enough, but rather the uptake of nutrients either into the blood from the digestive system or, more likely, from the blood to the cells is somehow being inhibited (hormonal imbalances and metabolic miscommunication/cellular degeneration for example).

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

...not necessarily that our foods don't contain enough, but rather the uptake of nutrients either into the blood from the digestive system or, more likely, from the blood to the cells is somehow being inhibited (hormonal imbalances and metabolic miscommunication/cellular degeneration for example).

I think both factors are likely definitive, and suspect that contaminants in food inhibit uptake of nutrients that are present, and contribute to hormonal imbalances and metabolic miscommunication/cellular degeneration etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join