It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will be buying assault weapons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It seems like the ban on assault weapons will expire in the next few days, and nobody in Congress wants to do anything about it. If it expires, I know my state will go crazy buying weapons at gunshows. I would love to own a couple of assault weapons, though I have no need for them. I personally don't think anyone should be able to buy ak47's, uzi's and the like, but hey, when in Rome.

Anyone got any gun-shopping plans? Or maybe a better question... does anyone see the need for assault weapons for personal use?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Bugger that - can I have a nuke ?

Personally, I can't see the point of civilians having assault weapons - I mean, you can't hunt with them and its not as if they can used for marksmanship.

Then again, maybe its better to have them around as preparation for when the NWO start their little games.

I'd rather have a bow - Either English Longbow or Scythian. I'm crap with a gun but the only person who can beat me with a bow is Robin Hood himself

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I will be. I just for show. Not like I am going to go nuts.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This is what gets me about the ban, it doesnt actually ban anything fully-auto, those weapons have been banned for ages anway. All of the weapons specified in the ban are semi-automatic, but look like their full-auto cousins. And for the record you can hunt with most of them, as long as the weapon meets the requirements by your county for the animals you wish to hunt. In my county we have to have a certain caliber bullet, above .32 i believe for deer, so that rules out the AR-15 weapons, which fire .223 rounds, but the 7.62x54 rounds fired by AKs and SKS are acceptable to hunt deer with because it is basically a .308 round just given a different NATO designation.

As for actually buying one, I would love to pick up a customized AR-15 to hunt varmit animals and coyote with, because using the 30-06 is a bit overkill I think. Unfortunately money is usually tight for me, so I hope the ban stays dead long enough for me to scrape together the money.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The term "ASSALT WEAPON" is a phrase coined by those who are afraid of guns, period. ANY FIREARM IS AN ASSAULT WEAPON!!!! My car is and ASSAULT WEAPON. Ammonium Nitrate and Diesel fuel mixed appropriately is an ASSAULT weapon.

HAHA, I get such a kick out of the anti Gun Lobby. Actually, they are the Anti U.S. Constitution, 2nd Amendment Lobby.

Any self respecting terrorist knows how to kill people, in great numbers. What does one thing a so called "BAN" on any weapon is going to solve?

By the way, I already have my "ASSAULT" weapon, a pre-ban Glock 9mm, 17 shot clip. Havn't killed a soul yet with it, nor with my car for that matter.

new topics

top topics

join