It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura offically backs Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

So this will not turn any Ron Paul supporters away. Potential Ron Paul supporters who were on the fence about him? Maybe seeing some "conspiracy nut" being slandered by the media supporting him would turn them away, but I really don't think so.

To understand how wrong this statement is, please see the 2008 election, specifically, Sarah Palin and her impact on McCain's campaign. Potential McCain supporters and those on the fence ran like crazy to Obama. Jesse Ventura = Sarah Palin if her views were 100 times more extreme.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jabronie
I love Ron Paul and actually got to see him speak live and in person last night.

I don't think an endorsement from the villiage idiot does one thing to help him.

The talk radio guy are already trying to link Paul with the 9/11 "truth" nuts, so this endorsement can only hurt him in the eyes of the mainstream public and will only hurt his chances of changing the minds of the average GOP voter.

I disagree. The fact of the matter is many voters show up to the polls out of a sense of duty and simply pull a lever of a person they may have heard of.

The MSM has been unable to derail RP in spite of a non stop campaign to malign our wonderful candidate. I would be willing to go door to door for a RP/Ventura ticket.

Thomas Jefferson believed we needed a revolution every 20 years. The last one happened when Kennedy was assassinated. It's time WTP revolted.

Ron Paul & Jesse Ventura 2012! Now that's what the Mayans were talking about. 2012 is going to be the best year for the world since 1776. .

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You know what? Let the media attack Ventura. Let them call him crazy, and then when he challenges them to a debate or interview or whatever, the American people can make up their minds about him for themselves.

Ventura would absolutely destroy any MSM pundit in a political debate about Ron Paul versus the other candidates. I'd love to see some pro-establishment clown try to challenge Ventura on foreign policy, monetary policy, and civil liberties.
edit on 30-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Dude he has tons of support from other elected officials. His support base is not limited to Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura. These are from Iowa alone:

I get that. Really, I do. Romney and Gingrich have support from other elected officials as well. Your claim was that a Jesse Ventura announcement of support is more important than a Kelly Clarkson statement. I say the Kelly Clarkson statement is more important to your mainstream population, as far as endorsements go. Look, I understand that she's just a singer/celebrity, but the fact is that for every person on ATS that likes Jesse's endorsement of Ron Paul, there are literally thousands of registered voters that will consider Kelly Clarkson's endorsement more favorably than Jesse Ventura's. The bulk of the voting public doesn't visit or get their political views from conspiracy theory websites. I'm sorry to give you that bit of truth, and I hope it doesn't ruin your day, but to Ron Paul, an endorsement by Clarkson has much more power in fueling his campaign and targeting people that have not spent time looking into his campaign than friggin Jesse Ventura!

Jesse might have broad appeal within a narrow subsection of society such as ATS, but to the rest of us, he's a loon. I'm not saying Clarkson is some sort of genius, but her endorsement means more to the overall campaign than Ventura's.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Haha don't worry dude, my day is not ruined. I totally understand what you're saying. Your average American knows more about American idol than the Constitution and history. To them, Kelly Clarkson's support is more powerful and influential than a former governor and Navy SEAL. I pity those people for their ignorance.

To those who do their own research, who study things for themselves, who look into history and learn what's wrong with our country, an endorsement from Jesse Ventura is like one from Benjamin Franklin. Or maybe I'm a little biased because I love Ventura

edit on 30-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I feel like Ventura's support is either a neutral thing or a bad thing. It seems like it could be used by his competition to paint him in a clown like picture. I actually kind of like Ventura but I don't see his support helping Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

top topics

<< 1   >>

join