It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Antichrist and current affairs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place but I thought, with the topic I'm about to discuss and it dealing with a Biblical topic that maybe it would go here.

Over the past few years I've found myself out of touch with my religion (I'd consider myself a non-practicing Mormon) due to life kicking my family when we're down time and a time again. It started when my father was let go from GM which spiraled out into loss of job after job and seventeen months of unemployment which branched off into homelessness. My family has kept their faith but I feel like I've completely lost mine.

This leads me to think of all the other people out there who feel just as hopeless as I do. Almost as if praying has lost its meaning and that we need something more to save us from what this world is becoming.

Natural disasters. Economic collapse. Governments we feel we can no longer trust. The fear of war, famine, the overall hardship that just doesn't seem to end. It's all leading up to something big.

When I was an active religious person I was always interested in Revolutions. I've been interested in the end of the world scenarios since I was younger but I've never in my life felt so close to those verses as I have now. I know the Bible states that the time of the end of days isn't something that will be known but the events that are happening day to day feel like we're being set up for something more. The game has been paid out, pawns ready to start we're just missing the rest of the players..

If anything if a charismatic leader were to show up now, with all the right words and the right ideas, the Antichrist, I could easily see the masses welcoming that with opened arms. Again, this is all said in the Bible on how things are suppose to go down but, still, it's just a feeling.

I hope I'm not the only one out there thinking this.

Thank you for reading.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
These disasters are the earth cleansing itself. And the 2012 is the end of a long cycle, not end of time. 2012 is going to be a hard but rewarding year. You should be excited to live in this time. Yes the financial system sucks. Im poor as sh@! And i am a veteran. But it doesnt make me sour. EVerything happens for a reason. And in these trying times you need to keep your faith because life is testing you. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger. I always have thought i had a cursed life, up until i got rid of all the negativity in my being.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Define Antichrist?

Why does it have to be an Antichrist? Why cannot it be a AntiMohommed or AntiBuddha etc etc. Christianity is only one out of many religions, so what makes you think that Christianity is right? For all we know, Buddha could be the true one or Thor or Zeus.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ohyouknow

Dear ohyouknow,

Let us assume for the moment that these were the end times, let us assume for the moment that Revelations is completely accurate. Now what? What do you do? Why should how you live your life change because of the times? Shouldn't we continue helping one another, shouldn't we continue to love and forgive others? I pastor and you know what, my message is the same when I preach. What did you do today to help others. For the sake of discussion, what if it is the end times, what if we are in the final seven years, you could still die in a car crash tomorrow. You might not see the end day, what does it matter?

I do not mean to lecture and I hope it does not read that way. Don't worry about the times, worry about your heart, having love for others and and acting on that love. Peace.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Christ means lit. It is the light in all of us. Jesus achieved christ. Christ conciousness. Thats why its the antichrist.
edit on 29-12-2011 by CharonIncarnate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I've never been religious so I cannot relate to losing faith, but I have felt deceived before and I know it isn't a good feeling. I have left things up to other people, much like the religious do with God, trusting that they will follow through...but of course they don't always do, and I felt hopeless because of it. I have prayed however (well, more more of an inward conversation with my body as I never saw my thoughts seep through my head and travel to some heavenly mailbox) and have been left inspired by my own thoughts, so I don't see "prayer" as having lost it's meaning.

Don't despair my friend, maybe you can take God's indifference as an opportunity to achieve greatness through your own doings. I think it's a good time to challenge yourself and see what you are really capable of. Maybe God will notice it, and bestow you with the things you long for, or you may just end up bestowing them upon yourself.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Yes, it is time. For the ones in the know it is not about the "bad" things that will happen or about the "end of the world" but it's rather about hope and opportunity offered to all. For those who have believed in what's referred to as the Old and the New Testaments there has seemingly only been one option to turn to for salvation and that has been to become a Christian. For a variety of reasons some are realizing that their Christian denomination, or other denominations around them as well, are not meeting their expectations; More-so they are not coinciding with scripture, which of course they never have.

Though this has been the case for a long time all that has previously taken place is further divisions of Christianity pop up. The hope is that people will go beyond these divisions and realize Christianity has only been an empty way of life that has been handed down to us by our forefathers. Believing the bible as God's truth doesn't make you a Christian. What makes you a Christian is following after one or more of the many Christian doctrines. There is nothing in the bible that says you have to become a Christian or that by becoming a Christian you will acquire salvation or anything the like.

Even self proclaimed non-believers think the many Christian doctrines are actually biblically inspired; are they really? More and more people are figuring it out, though it has been plain all along. Is the answer though to create another new division of what is already so divided? Though you may divide something a thousand times over won't it continue to remain a part of the others? In other words, no matter how many times you slice that orange all the pieces are still a part of that orange; In this case it just so happens Catholicism is the biggest slice; it's self proclaimed to be the mother of all the churches.

It is said to test all things and hold on to that which is good and it is also said to make sure the light that is in you isn't darkness, as well as there is a way that seems right to a man but in the end it leads to death. Is becoming a Christian the narrow road that only a few have found? Take a good look at Christianity and its history, it aint all that it's cracked up to be. Judge for yourself, look at the bible from a purely biblical perspective instead of from a Christian indocrtination's.
edit on 22-1-2012 by The Riley Family because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohyouknow
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place but I thought, with the topic I'm about to discuss and it dealing with a Biblical topic that maybe it would go here.

Over the past few years I've found myself out of touch with my religion (I'd consider myself a non-practicing Mormon) due to life kicking my family when we're down time and a time again. It started when my father was let go from GM which spiraled out into loss of job after job and seventeen months of unemployment which branched off into homelessness. My family has kept their faith but I feel like I've completely lost mine.

This leads me to think of all the other people out there who feel just as hopeless as I do. Almost as if praying has lost its meaning and that we need something more to save us from what this world is becoming.

Natural disasters. Economic collapse. Governments we feel we can no longer trust. The fear of war, famine, the overall hardship that just doesn't seem to end. It's all leading up to something big.

When I was an active religious person I was always interested in Revolutions. I've been interested in the end of the world scenarios since I was younger but I've never in my life felt so close to those verses as I have now. I know the Bible states that the time of the end of days isn't something that will be known but the events that are happening day to day feel like we're being set up for something more. The game has been paid out, pawns ready to start we're just missing the rest of the players..

If anything if a charismatic leader were to show up now, with all the right words and the right ideas, the Antichrist, I could easily see the masses welcoming that with opened arms. Again, this is all said in the Bible on how things are suppose to go down but, still, it's just a feeling.

I hope I'm not the only one out there thinking this.

Thank you for reading.

Bear in mind that these passages were written in a symbolic fashion, which enables the perpetuators of these beleifs to convince those living at almost anytime, that the end is nigh! Imagine at the breaking of WW1 and WW2, or going back further in time even, with the plagues of the first few Christian centuries. These apocalyptic verses regarding end times are neither original to Christianity (See Persian Zoroastrianism and the Anti-Mithras) nor do they specify with any clarity the actual time when these events are supposed to unfold. They are built upon human fear, and written in such a manner that they can be effectively used to manipulate any believer living in any time, (Look at all of the end of the world prophecies that did not come to fruitiion i.e Lindsay).
We may also note a rather conspiratorial aspect of the whole apocalypse trap! It is always the ones who herald its coming that we are led to believe offer exclusive salvation from that impending doom which lay on the horizon. Is not that a little suspicious? How much more convincing would it be if a Christian were to say; God spoke to me and he said we must all hurry and convert to Hinduism! WoW! Now that guy would put the wind up me!! But no it is always, "We see blood and death on the horizon, it will come sooooon!!" "Ohh Father, how ever will we be saved from it?" "Join us or die horribly!!!" What a scam!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
Define Antichrist?

Why does it have to be an Antichrist? Why cannot it be a AntiMohommed or AntiBuddha etc etc. Christianity is only one out of many religions, so what makes you think that Christianity is right? For all we know, Buddha could be the true one or Thor or Zeus.

Exactly, if you read the ancient Zoroastrian scriptures you will find the origin of the idea of anti-Christ, only in the Zoroastrian religion he was literally called the anti-mithras!

top topics

join