It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Butler : there are only 2 things we should fight for : the bill of rights and our homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Smedley Butler on Interventionism

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

Smedley Butler

Smedley Darlington Butler[1] (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940) was a Major General in the U.S. Marine Corps, an outspoken critic of U.S. military adventurism, and at the time of his death the most decorated Marine in U.S. history.

Ron Paul didn't get his non-interventionism policy from crazy people... he actually agrees with one of the greatest general in US history. He was not only the most decorated, but he also stopped the ``Business plot`` that wanted to overthrow the US government to then ally itself with Hitler.

Smedley Butler is probably one of the greatest patriots in US history and he wasn't a sellout.

So to any soldier out there who want to violate the bill of rights by following orders under the NDAA or go to war with Iran, you just think about this.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Kinda makes me want a time machine just to have a sit down with this guy. I really like his wording. S&F

new topics

join